4 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:33 PM

Check out THIS ARTICLE by Samantha Weinberg in the Times. Very good article about Miss Moneypenny (the best I've ever read). And, lookie, she even quoted little old me. :P :)

#2 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

Check out THIS ARTICLE by Samantha Weinberg in the Times. Very good article about Miss Moneypenny (the best I've ever read). And, lookie, she even quoted little old me. [censored] :)

Zen

You are clearly an Anglophile :P :P :)

Oh, and great detective work on the sceond short story: I understand you are an afficionado of Bond and Houdini - and surely Sherlock Holmes as well. [censored]

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

Check out THIS ARTICLE by Samantha Weinberg in the Times. Very good article about Miss Moneypenny (the best I've ever read). And, lookie, she even quoted little old me. [censored] :)

Zen

You are clearly an Anglophile :P :P :)

Oh, and great detective work on the sceond short story: I understand you are an afficionado of Bond and Houdini - and surely Sherlock Holmes as well. [censored]

Yes, I love Sherlock Holmes! I have a minor Holmes collection. In fact, Holmes was my first great obsessive interest (even before Houdini and Bond).

I am an Anglophile. I've always felt a powerful connection to England. My grandfather grew up in London. He's says he was a "street urchin" and use to tell me stories about how he and his friends would play around the Docklands (one of his friends actually drowned). I'd love to one day have a second home in London.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:23 AM

I just got my hard copy of this. It's a very nicely laid out article in The Times magazine, with some pics of Samanatha posing as Miss Moneypenny (I didn't realize that pic online was of her).

I gotta say, she makes a pretty fetching Moneypenny. :)

Attached Files

#5 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:14 AM

There's also a similar article in the December Conde Naste Traveller magazine where Sam recreates Moneypenny's journey to Moscow from Diaries II.