1 reply to this topic

#1 whatisthematrix

whatisthematrix

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

James Bond Game
Why try and replicate the movies and make money and forget about the art of actually making a good game? Why not create a new medium for James bond using inspiration from the source; the books. Using an original actor or whatever for Bond and sticking closely to all the descriptions from the book i.e. Felix with straw coloured hair, Bond obviously dark hair and with scar and so on. In a realistic style the gamers would live the laugh of James Bond. Sorting what cloths to wear, being giving assignments, going to exotic locations, checking into hotels and so on.
Third person in the main part although when you draw your pistol, which is fairly rare, the game pans into a first person shooter. Realistic wounds and on the whole a far more gritty Bond than in the films. Emphasis would be on missions still but style and lifestyle would be huge parts of the game. Making decisions for by choosing what he says to certain people. A sim Bond game if you like. What do you guys think?

#2 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

If only such a thing existed!!! I'd love it!!! I haven't been even vaguely a gamer since Bungie's old Marathon series; but something with that level of detail might well tempt me.