8 replies to this topic

#1 Bond#9-GeorgeKemp

Bond#9-GeorgeKemp

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

I've been a Bond fan for years and any chance I have to watch or get hold of Behind the scenes footage from one of the movies, I jump at it.

It always seems to me that the actors who have played Bond have enjoyed the time immensley, having a great time on set with everyone and are given a great license to do great things because they play this fantastic, world-renowned character.

The first movie is always a nerve-racking sort of time, but its a dream come true; which brings me to my point.
Do you think that Daniel Craig has missed out on this chance to become a big public figure for getting Bond, because of all the bad-press he's had? I know in Britain, all that the non-Bond-fan members of the public would hear is the bad stuff, is it the same in the states? I think Danny's lost out on something really great because people couldn't see Bond in him stright away, hopefully it'll get better after release, but will people always criticise him? Ofcorse it hasn't stopped him having a good time on set, its a Bond movie! Its just a shame the public hasn't seen everything we have.

Sorry I babbled on about this, its the human side of me being angry at CnB and all the ignorant people lol!

What do you guys think anyway? What about Bond 22? Will everyopne be a lot more Craig-friendly? It'll be interesting to get the different points of view from all the different places in the world here. :)

#2 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

I think it's too early to say if Bond 22 will have any effect, but in the meantime he's been driving around in an AM DBS, a perk of the job, so I think we can safely say that life hasn't been that hard for him.

#3 Thunderfinger

Thunderfinger

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

The only difference between now and the time the previous four incarnations were cast, is the internet.

#4 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

And there you can find pørn, so it's not all bad.

#5 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

Daniel Craig has missed out on this chance to become a big public figure ?

I doubt he wants to be a "big public figure" and I also think being James freakin Bond qualifies him as one.

#6 Bondfan007

Bondfan007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

He probablly could care less, he seems to like being a quiet type

#7 MovieMaestro

MovieMaestro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:05 PM

George Kemp, do you mean that Craig missed the boat in that most people's first introduction to Craig has been through negative publicity? In other words, let's say Craig's 007 debut came in a few more years after having appeared in more non-Bond movies, people could say, "Oh, Daniel Craig's the new Bond! I've seen him The Visiting or that movie where he's in jail...I liked him!" Instead of saying, "Daniel who?"

#8 Bond#9-GeorgeKemp

Bond#9-GeorgeKemp

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:38 PM

George Kemp, do you mean that Craig missed the boat in that most people's first introduction to Craig has been through negative publicity? In other words, let's say Craig's 007 debut came in a few more years after having appeared in more non-Bond movies, people could say, "Oh, Daniel Craig's the new Bond! I've seen him The Visiting or that movie where he's in jail...I liked him!" Instead of saying, "Daniel who?"

I agree with everyone that life an't be too hard for him, but look at it from his perspective, he gets the chance of a lifetime, thinks about it and takes a leap of faith, then thousands of people rip you to shreds. Come on!

Maestro, yes you're part right, I do mean it that alot of people now are not completely sure who it is, alot of my friends didn't know. But in a few years more people might know who he is, but he still wouldn't be the obvious choice for alot of people in that he's not the typical Bond-type, so automatically people judge him and think he's going to be crap, worse still, all the tabloids do it too.

I just think that the others might have had an easier time in the eye of the public.

Edited by Bond#9-GeorgeKemp, 27 September 2006 - 05:41 PM.

#9 erniecureo

erniecureo

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

I'm with Santajosep on this one.

I agree with everyone that life an't be too hard for him, but look at it from his perspective, he gets the chance of a lifetime, thinks about it and takes a leap of faith, then thousands of people rip you to shreds.

Most of us eat a lot of crap on our jobs, and don't get anywhere near the perks he does. Does this mean it's okay to rip him? Of course not. But on the other hand, if you're going to be an actor, you better develop a pretty thick skin. I think he'll be okay.