5 replies to this topic

#1 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 09:07 PM

Live and Let Die will be showing next wednesday at 8pm on ITV1.

Fact: Live and Let Die holds the record for largest terrestrial audience of any Bond film with 23m people tuning in to watch it back in 1980.

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 11:18 PM

There's never anything good on TV Wednesday nights, EastEnders ain't on and they always have boring programmes or films on.

Finally something good to watch on a Wednesday night.

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 04:04 AM

Why the hell would twenty-three million people watch Live and Let Die? I can fathom Goldfinger, and would rather On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, but Live and Let Die? Seriously though, why?

#4 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 05:36 PM

LALD is a very popular film particularly for casual Bond fans, many people find the voodoo essence of the movie pretty intriguing. Unfortunately koskov OHMSS has poor statistics, Lazenby is not gonna shake off that reputation easily.

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 12:58 AM

Yeah mrmoon. I've got mates who haven't even seen the film but they still say it's bad. One day I'm going to forcet them to watch it and see that it's the best one.

As for the news of '00Heaven' again, the public don't take kindly to this. In 1999 they showed the entire James Bond series. One every week on a Wednesday then two every week with one on Saturday. They skipped GoldenEye which had been shown 3 months before and premiered Tomorrow Never Dies. The public was happy with this. They got thier taste for Bond and like it.
Then ITV started showing Bond films on Bank Holidays and people reacted ok but not great. Then at Christmas, one everyday starting at 25th and going on till the end of December. People started to complain that they'd prefer more seasonal movies on at Christmas.
Then for some reason, ITV got obsessed with GE and TND and showed these at every oppurtunity. TWINE premiered shortly after one of these showings and because that was new on TV it got a warm reception.
Then Itv decided to show the Connery films in succession. The letters of complaint poured in about how people were sick of Bond seasons, Bond on Holidays, Bond at Christmas and Bond in general.
A few Bond films were show at Easter (?) and that was about it. They didn't want to push it so IIV scrapped plans for a Moore season....until now.

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 02:53 AM

Yeah, I can see the end Voodoo scene being very captivating, but it's a little silly with the grave-lift. I mean why ruin some scary supernatural stuff just to have an obligitory 'Bond-escapes-from-an-overly-elaborate-death-trap' scene?:) 28 millions...whew!