6 replies to this topic

#1 Scamp

Scamp

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

As this is the "beginnings" of Bond perhaps we could be treated to the 20 minute segment that has previously been shown at Euro Cinema Expo, plus a few minutes of Aston Martin of course! This would set the scene stylishly and also drum up a huge amount of additional interest. Not sure you could call it a trailer though!

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

I'd love to see that :)

#3 bernsmartin007

bernsmartin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

As this is the "beginnings" of Bond perhaps we could be treated to the 20 minute segment that has previously been shown at Euro Cinema Expo, plus a few minutes of Aston Martin of course! This would set the scene stylishly and also drum up a huge amount of additional interest. Not sure you could call it a trailer though!

What?

Why would they show 20 minutes of the films footage plus extra before it's even come out in the cinema?

#4 iexpectu2die

iexpectu2die

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

That would take away 20 minutes of enjoyment and excitement from finally seeing it at the cinema. Trust me - good things will come to those who wait!

#5 Scamp

Scamp

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

Sorry guys, it seemed like a good suggestion to me. After all, it would be easily available to Sony and some people have already seen it, allegedly. Perhaps it will form the basis of a "Making of" documentary that we generally have on UK tv around the general release date when there is a blockbuster out.

#6 bernsmartin007

bernsmartin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

20 minutes of the films footage is way too much to show on tv before it's been premiered.

#7 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:07 AM

20 minutes of the films footage is way too much to show on tv before it's been premiered.

Yeah, the 20 mins of footage is pretty much for the theater exhibitors so they can kind of judge how the film the film will turn out and how they want to book it in their cinemas i.e # of screens. A kiick [censored] trailer is all I need!