15 replies to this topic

#1 triviachamp

triviachamp

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:57 AM

So in the PTS Bond kills Dryden and Fisher to get his 007 number. These two kills are intercut. Now how does Bond kill Fisher? It is a "messy kill" so what does that mean? Shooting? Stabbing? Beating? Or does Bond drown him in a urinal or toilet? I would prefer the last ones.

Another thing, what is with the Producers and Bond first appearing in a washroom? Pierce was first seen hanging upside down in a toilet stall. While Craig's gunbarrel occurs in a washroom. What is going on? :)

Oh and when do we first get a clear look at Craig's face? Coming out of the shadows to shoot Dryden?

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:13 AM

So in the PTS Bond kills Dryden and Fisher to get his 007 number. These two kills are intercut. Now how does Bond kill Fisher? It is a "messy kill" so what does that mean? Shooting? Stabbing? Beating? Or does Bond drown him in a urinal or toilet? I would prefer the last ones.

He "drowns" him in a toilet, as he walks off he hears the click of a gun being readied and that's how we get to the gunbarrel.

Another thing, what is with the Producers and Bond first appearing in a washroom? Pierce was first seen hanging upside down in a toilet stall. While Craig's gunbarrel occurs in a washroom. What is going on? :)

Coincidence perhaps?

Oh and when do we first get a clear look at Craig's face? Coming out of the shadows to shoot Dryden?

Bond speaks to Dryden, and then flips on the desk lap, illuminating his face. That's when we get the first clear look at Craig.

#3 triviachamp

triviachamp

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:21 AM

He "drowns" him in a toilet, as he walks off he hears the click of a gun being readied and that's how we get to the gunbarrel.

I thought the gunbarrel was him shooting a security camera. Guess not.

#4 Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:52 AM

I thought the gunbarrel was him shooting a security camera. Guess not.

A security camera in a cricket field toilet :)

#5 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

No, the gunbarrel is a gunbarrel

#6 Rich_19

Rich_19

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:30 AM

Confused? i certainly am.

#7 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:40 AM

The gunbarrel in the film is the real gunbarrel of the gun of one of Bond's adversaries. It is implied that it his blood that runs down the screen.

In fact, Bond not shooting a security camera becomes important later in the movie...

#8 Double-O-Kevin

Double-O-Kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

i have a question about the gunbarrel sequence that's been irking me for quite a while now. i apologize if it has already been established, but...

Spoiler

Edited by Double-O-Kevin, 16 September 2006 - 04:51 PM.

#9 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

intriguing...
I'd like to hear more about this aswell.

#10 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

i have a question about the gunbarrel sequence that's been irking me for quite a while now. i apologize if it has already been established, but...

Spoiler

After Bond kills Dryden and wanders off, we cut back to the first kill, and the gunbarrel.

#11 Double-O-Kevin

Double-O-Kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:50 AM

Spoiler

After Bond kills Dryden and wanders off, we cut back to the first kill, and the gunbarrel.

How will this play out on screen? Won't it look a bit awkward? And shouldn't it be that his second kill is the one to change the color scheme from black and white to color? It's all rather confusing...

#12 the villain's architect

the villain's architect

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:53 AM

[color="#999999"]All the flashbacks aside

#13 Double-O-Kevin

Double-O-Kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:07 AM

He kills two men in the PTS to gain his OO-status.
Spoiler

What I don't understand is how it will be played out on screen, what with all the flashbacks and reminiscing. It just seems like it will be awkward to the audience, and a bit confusing.

#14 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:09 AM

Bond kills Dryden in his office, we can see it in the trailer. This is Bonds second kill, his first was in the bathroom with Fisher. Now the reason it will make sense is because we see Fisher get "drowned" in a washbasin at the end of Bonds flahback, right before he knocks off Dryden. After Dryden is dead and Bond exists, we cut back to the bathroom, where we see Bond pick up his gun. He senses Fisher stirring behind him, who is now pointing a gun at his back. He spins and fires and the bullet goes down the barrel of Fishers gun, hence the gunbarrel. Bond never explains the actual scene to Dryden, he just remembers it and sais it wasn't easy.

Damn, seems Double-0 Kevin beat me to the explanation, oh well, I hope this is still useful.:)

Edited by Matt_13, 17 September 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#15 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:08 AM

It's just intercut, a lot of movies nowadays use this technique to move the action forward quicker. It makes it easier to show more in less time.

#16 Double-O-Kevin

Double-O-Kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:37 AM

Thanks, Matt. Your explanation (which is better than mine) made it much more clear to me. For some reason, it just wasn't sinking in. You da man. :P :)

Edited by Double-O-Kevin, 17 September 2006 - 03:38 AM.