34 replies to this topic

#31 Monsieur B

Monsieur B

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

Well, we get something somewhat like that afterwards only M's basically telling Bond everything that Vesper stipulated in her suicide note. Bond is taking this all in while sitting on the deck of his yacht reminiscing with pictures of Vesper taken while they were on their vacation. The additional input from M concerning the events really sheds some light on not just Bond's character but this 'new' M's character as well; this M is one that doesn't coddles her agents with emotional talk, she isn't a motherly figure. This can be seen when she asks Bond to come back to work as soon as possible right after she drops the bad news on him.

At least that's what I got from that scene. Am I wrong?

Oh yes, and the ending? It's excellent. I think it will generate a great round of applause from the audience. Well, from me at least. :)

Edited by Monsieur B, 04 September 2006 - 04:15 PM.

#32 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

Not one bit. :)

#33 Dr. Noah

Dr. Noah

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

#34 Doubl07

Doubl07

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:39 AM

The ending of this movie really worries me. I hope they get it right. I don't want an ending that everyone will expect. :)

#35 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:04 AM

The ending of this movie really worries me. I hope they get it right. I don't want an ending that everyone will expect. :P

Well, everyone expects Bond to end up with the Bond girl. See, already we've dashed their expectations :)