6 replies to this topic

#1 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 06 April 2002 - 12:56 PM

I'm trying to work out a pre-title sequence that's going to work, and so I need to ask some help. Originally I did have a pre-title sequence involving a gunboat, but it turned out awful. The problem is, it's so hard to create a revelant teaser sequence that is the highlight of the film.

If anyone's got any ideas, it only has to meet this requirement. Bond retrieves a disk containing information. Oh, and please don't go into to too much detail. I can work that out on my own.

~Harmsway

P.S. Sooner or later I'll get an e-mail message prepared, so be waiting.

#2 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 11:36 PM

That would be fine. Kraal Drakensburg is still the Swiss banker (for the timebeing). My first draft is shaping up to be like Feirstein's TND 1st draft: in otherwords, the final draft will be totally different. So, keep it in there, and if I change the occupation, I'll just change the name too.

~Harmsway

#3 Major_boothroyd

Major_boothroyd

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 08:21 PM

How about this ?

Bond attends a prestigious ball. He is given the disk by the BOND GIRL who is killed by MUSTER.

Bond heads to the underground carpark and approaches the ASTON MARTIN.

MUSTER however, approaches and tells Bond that he will kill him if the disk is not handed over.

Bond turns to face MUSTER and whistles the first few bars of RULE BRITTANIA ...

The headlights of the car swing round and fire machine guns at MUSTER.

Bond has time to jump through the sunroof and into the car where he makes good his escape ...

A short, almost Connery pretitle sequence, introducing Muster, the disk and Bond.

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 09:13 PM

Afraid I can't help you out there. I'm not too good at coming up with good, orginal pre-title sequences. But I don't think that it has to be the highlight and I'm really disapointed that that's the case with Bond films now a days. I like it when it opens setting up a good mystery rather than some spectacular action/explosions. I like it starting out with something occuring that brings Bond into the case. (Like I did with Death To Spies.)

#5 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 12:38 AM

I like it a lot. Short and sweet, and doable for Brosnan. Definately cool. Just one change - Muster doesn't exist. He'll have to become Kraal Drakensburg for my story (they play different roles, but it works for Drakensburg). Thanks so much!

~Harmsway

#6 Major_boothroyd

Major_boothroyd

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 11:20 PM

Hi.

Revised my idea whilst out shopping.

Bond attends a function at a prestigious hotel based in Venice. He retrieves the disk from Jack Wade but Wade is shot by Muster.

Bond makes good his escape to the Aston Martin where a female car thief is trying to break in, to no effect.

Muster confronts Bond. He whistles Rule Brittania and the car fires guns at Muster allowing Bond to escape and save the thief.

But Muster follows on a motorbike and the car chase takes them through the ball and out into venice where the Aston Martin plunges into the canal ... Muster thinks Bond has been satisfactorily dealt with.

But the car has turned into a submarine. Bond opens the glove compartment to reveal a chilled bottle of bollinger ...

cut to end credits ...

Whatcha think ?

#7 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 02:06 PM

Harmsway (09 Apr, 2002 01:38 a.m.):
I like it a lot. Short and sweet, and doable for Brosnan. Definately cool. Just one change - Muster doesn't exist. He'll have to become Kraal Drakensburg for my story (they play different roles, but it works for Drakensburg). Thanks so much!

~Harmsway

Glad to see the above name is still in it. I still love the look and sound of that name. BTW...in my SILVERTONGUE fan fic the archvillain mentions in the dialogue his Swiss banker: "Kraal Drakensburg"...he's only mentioned ONCE. Is that okay ? or will it clash with your fan fic ?.