#1 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:17 AM

http://www.thesun.co...370732,,00.html

Already in the quick news. There are a few kinda spoilery things so better to be on the safe side. Quite bone chilling and brings back memories of the problems encountered by the crew filming LTK in Mexico. Interesting that both are action scenes involving Petrol tankers. Hopefully the DVD release will shed some light on this via commentary, interview, featurettes etc.

#2 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:56 AM

A haunted jumbo jet. Let us all digest that for a moment.

I

#3 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:00 AM

[quote name='SecretAgentFan' post='588097' date='16 August 2006 - 09:56']
A haunted jumbo jet. Let us all digest that for a moment.

I

#4 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:19 AM

Wow, the SUN does it again

#5 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

If it's haunted by Cubby Broccoli, maybe he could finally give an answer to that other thread - "What would Cubby Broccoli thinks of CR/Daniel Craig...?"

#6 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

Cubby's Ghost: I love this scene - hey, whats everyone running from?

#7 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

I find anything and everything related to the MIA sequence interesting. The Sun probably added their usual "tweaks" but I can see this happening. You got an old decomissioned 747 with all probably all kinds of wiring issues, and an old metal frame that probably creaks and groans hence "haunted', also don't forget that it is a large aircraft that can be a very errie place to be when empty and not carrying passengers. I find it interesting that the crew had to spend a full night onboard. Perhaps they were filming Branson's pilot cameo in the cockpit.

#8 Jericho_One

Jericho_One

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

Already in the quick news. There are a few kinda spoilery things so better to be on the safe side. Quite bone chilling and brings back memories of the problems encountered by the crew filming LTK in Mexico. Interesting that both are action scenes involving Petrol tankers. Hopefully the DVD release will shed some light on this via commentary, interview, featurettes etc.

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but... What kind of problems did hey find filming LTK in Mexico?
Really would like to know in order to feed my addiction for trivia.
Thanks a lot. :)

#9 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but... What kind of problems did hey find filming LTK in Mexico?

They talk all about it on the LTK DVD. The place where they shot the tanker finale was supposedly haunted, a minibus loade with nuns went off a cliff in a firey crash. They had Corbould, Glen and other's talking about it. There were serveral incidents with the trucks always having trouble around a particular strech of road, one caught fire at night for reasons unknown, another drove itself a few feet while it was parked for the night, gaurds reported seeing apparisions that dissapeared when challenged, they was an acciedent with one of the prop stingers and last but not least the infamous "hand of fate" photo of the main tanker explosion. It showed the explosion and what looks like a well formed firey hand and arm reaching out from the explosion and it only appeared in that one pic and they could never find it in the rushes. Now that was bone chilling!

Edited by Agent Spriggan Ominae, 19 August 2006 - 10:51 AM.

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:04 AM

Cool, i would jump at the chance to stay in a haunted area (not on my own of course :) ) and Spriggan i also saw the Flaming hand on the LTk documentary - pretty spooky

#11 Jericho_One

Jericho_One

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

They talk all about it on the LTK DVD. The place where they shot the tanker finale was supposedly haunted, a minibus loade with nuns went off a cliff in a firey crash. They had Corbould, Glen and other's talking about it. There were serveral incidents with the trucks always having trouble around a particular strech of road, one caught fire at night for reasons unknown, another drove itself a few feet while it was parked for the night, gaurds reported seeing apparisions that dissapeared when challenged, they was an acciedent with one of the prop stingers and last but not least the infamous "hand of fate" photo of the main tanker explosion. It showed the explosion and what looks like a well formed firey hand and arm reaching out from the explosion and it only appeared in that one pic and they could never find it in the rushes. Now that was bone chilling!

Thanks a lot. Really bone chilling. Got to check that out.