AUF

17 replies to this topic

#1 b0o0n7d

b0o0n7d

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 03:04 PM

I have recently purchased and beaten this new bond adventure. I find the mission mode way more exciting than GOLDENEYE but the multiplayer stages still cannot surpass GOLDENEYE's multiplayer stages. On a scale from 0-10 (worst to best) I would give AUF an 8. For comparison, I have given goldeneye a 9.

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 08:38 PM

mrmoon (09 Feb, 2002 04:48 p.m.):
The music is great, apart from the overuse of the Bond theme if you pull of a 'bond move'.

Is it techno or more traditional Bond music? probably a mix of both.
Does it feature the Bond theme that can be heard in the trailer, that seems like a new recording as it doesn't sound like any version i've heard before?

#3 Rishad

Rishad

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 12:53 AM

The Bond theme is played throughout the 'Streets of Bucharest' level, but other than that, only bits of it for your 'Bond moves' and '007 Bonuses'. The music is sort of a mix, techno with traditional.

#4 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 04:19 AM

The soundtrack sounds alot like the TND and TWINE soundtracks but it relies too heavily on the Bond theme. It is excellent, though, and there's a few little touches (FRWL bongos in Bucharest, some bits that sound very much from LALD, a little note sequence from the Q-boat chase)

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 15 February 2002 - 04:42 AM

PaulZ108 (15 Feb, 2002 04:19 a.m.):
The soundtrack sounds alot like the TND and TWINE soundtracks but it relies too heavily on the Bond theme. It is excellent, though, and there's a few little touches (FRWL bongos in Bucharest, some bits that sound very much from LALD, a little note sequence from the Q-boat chase)

I'm not a games person but I do know there have been soundtracks of grames released on CD. Has one been done for AUF yet?

#6 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 05:08 PM

I know that there was one for the TND game and I think GoldenEye, but I can't find even a crappy microphone-in-front-of-TV-speaker MP3 of any of the soundtrack so I don't think one has been released.

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 09:54 PM

Has it been released already?

#8 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 10:03 PM

It does not come out here in the UK until Novermber 30th, it is available in the USA though. Ive got to wait until Christmas to get the game though. Are you getting Agent Under Fire, Blue Eyes? (gamecube or PS2).

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 10:08 PM

Sadly I wont' be becaue I can't afford the machine. But I'm going to try and find a video store that will have it for rent and give it a whirl one day.

Anyone who has got it, please send in a review. Post it here or [email protected] cheers!

#10 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 01:56 AM

I've got it but haven't been able to play much as I don't have my PS2 until xmas. I rented a PS2 though and I must say it's excellent. Almost a GE killer.

#11 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 02:48 AM

For those of you who cant afford the price tag the PS2 has, AUF will be coming out for GameCube in the near future.

As for the game itself? Its ok, I'll have to get used to the controls more, I'm too used to the Goldeneye set up. Which results in me dying a lot :)

#12 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 12:59 PM

Ive had the game for the PS2 since Christmas...
I know lots of people are saying its still not GoldenEye, but i'd have to disagree on that. I think that after handing over the 007 license to Electronic Arts, there have been some rather dissapointing Bond games (ie. TND, 007 Racing). However this time, EA have learned from their mistakes. Graphically the game is pure genious. In gameplay... it ROCKS!
Agent Under Fire, takes us back to the days of heavilly guarded buildings on top of the moutains (we asked how many more could there be?), fast cars (DB5, Esprit, 750il, Z8) and gorgeous women. The game has a traditional over the top Bond storyline (involving cloning the world leaders) and best of all its totally original. The driving parts of the game, you will find yourself wanting to play again, and again.
In my opinion... Agent Under Fire has FINALLY beaten GoldenEye, as top 007 Shooter.

#13 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 10:41 PM

Ok, I logged in more time. I beat the first level :) Then I got to the drivinig levels. I got to say, I love this game!! I was too quick to judge it, this is the best FPS since Goldeneye. Maybe after I play it some more I'll think its better then Goldeneye, who knows :)

#14 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 16 January 2002 - 09:32 PM

since uhave completed AUF, do u have any tips for the ank excercise on level 7 onwards, or do u know of any decent and complete walkthroughs? AUF is dangerously addictive and is driving me mad!!

i hope u can help,
many thanks!!

TGWTGG xx

#15 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 10:15 PM

If anyone has any tips that they think may be useful to others, games that you've made yourself in multiplayer, or any strategies you find work well send them to

[email protected]

I will be putting a review up sometime in the coming weeks with some strategies and multiplayer games it would be great if I could have yours to share with everyone at CBn.

#16 Rishad

Rishad

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 05:16 AM

007: Agent Under Fire is THE BEST Bond game available, hands down. Goldeneye was all right, but there were no car levels, etc., so AUF beats it there. Plus the variety of weapons and everything else (gadgets, cars, women) is enough to please any Bond fan or video gamer. The plot/storyline is movie-worthy, though you only play-through the action parts. If the Multiplayer thing was taken up a notch, it would be absolutely perfect. But perfection is a goal better left un-reached. Because how do you improve on what is already perfect?

#17 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 04:46 PM

ShockTroop22 (07 Jan, 2002 12:59 p.m.):
Ive had the game for the PS2 since Christmas...
I know lots of people are saying its still not GoldenEye, but i'd have to disagree on that. I think that after handing over the 007 license to Electronic Arts, there have been some rather dissapointing Bond games (ie. TND, 007 Racing). However this time, EA have learned from their mistakes. Graphically the game is pure genious. In gameplay... it ROCKS!
Agent Under Fire, takes us back to the days of heavilly guarded buildings on top of the moutains (we asked how many more could there be?), fast cars (DB5, Esprit, 750il, Z8) and gorgeous women. The game has a traditional over the top Bond storyline (involving cloning the world leaders) and best of all its totally original. The driving parts of the game, you will find yourself wanting to play again, and again.
In my opinion... Agent Under Fire has FINALLY beaten GoldenEye, as top 007 Shooter.

What's the music like?

#18 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 04:48 PM

The music is great, apart from the overuse of the Bond theme if you pull of a 'bond move'.