This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What major climatic action sequence is being talked about?

13 replies to this topic

#1 medrecess

medrecess

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:00 AM

I wanted to know what major action scene is a part of CR and why is it being
referred as a climatic action sequence ?

Also who is this MR White played by Jesper Christensen ? Is he a friend of
lE Chiffre ?

From what i know he is a part of the next BOnd film for which an opening
sequence when Bond fights with Mr White's military men was shot.

#2 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:12 AM

That latter thing is a stupid rumor which is entirely untrue - there's nothing to the report that the Bond 22 pre-titles have been shot already.

But Mr. White works for an unknown client and is the middle man between that client and Le Chiffre. The same mystery client is also Vesper Lynd's boss.

The climactic action scene is a chase of sorts through the Venice canals and a fight in a building.

#3 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

I think the climax will involve a speedboat chase through the venice canals (though this has not been confirmed as of yet).

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

I think the climax will involve a speedboat chase through the venice canals (though this has not been confirmed as of yet).

My instinct is that the rumours of a speedboat chase were largely unfounded and an exaggeration from a comment made by Chris Corbould I think it was. Nothing of that sort was filmed in Venice, as far as we know. Most of the paparazzi photos of filming in Venice appeared to tie in with the script draft. However, I would expect that the finale (with the building collapsing) may have been developed in some form. As for what... no idea!! Suspense - even for those who have spoiled the script for themselves! :tup:

Edited by Vauxhall, 10 July 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#5 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:11 PM

My instinct is that the rumours of a speedboat chase were largely unfounded and an exaggeration from a comment made by Chris Corbould I think it was. Nothing of that sort was filmed in Venice, as far as we know. Most of the paparazzi photos of filming in Venice appeared to tie in with the script draft. However, I would expect that the finale (with the building collapsing) may have been developed in some form. As for what... no idea!! Suspense - even for those who have spoiled the script for themselves! :tup:

I think the finale has been expanded on but like you said no boat chases. That came from sunseeker who said one of there boats would feature in Venice. The boat to feature is Le Chiffre's yatch and it does tie into the script. I think the main area where it has been expanded is the confrontaion with....SPOILERS!

Spoiler

#6 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

Great point. I don't think there's any speedboat chase (probably a good thing).

#7 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

Yeah I would imagine that's pretty likely. Like you said, apparently there was a fairly large gunfight filmed at the Benedetto Marcello Music Conservatory which I assume is the expansion of the scene simply detailed as an 'Action Scene' in the script draft. The other area of speculation I guess is over the fact that apparently the character of Gettler didn't make the final draft of the script. If this is true, I wonder who Bond ends up confronting in Venice.

Edited by Vauxhall, 10 July 2006 - 11:44 PM.

#8 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:14 AM

I'm sure the final sequence of the film has been streamlined. In the script, it's fairly confusing as to what's going on and would leave a lot of the audience scratching their heads.

#9 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

Yeah I would imagine that's pretty likely. Like you said, apparently there was a fairly large gunfight filmed at the Benedetto Marcello Music Conservatory which I assume is the expansion of the scene simply detailed as an 'Action Scene' in the script draft. The other area of speculation I guess is over the fact that apparently the character of Gettler didn't make the final draft of the script. If this is true, I wonder who Bond ends up confronting in Venice.

It is possible Gettler is still there and I hope he is in some form. He is a faitful yet expanded versions of the watchmaker with the darked lense from the novel. If not I'm assuming it may be nameless henchmen working for White or maybe.....SPOILERS!

Spoiler

#10 medrecess

medrecess

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:36 AM

Why did Chris Corbould say that something of this type had not been attempted
before and was challenging.So the climactic sequence is fairly big action sequence with a lot of special efects for sure.

#11 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:36 AM

I think what he was referring to is the fight in the collapsing building. I don't recall anything of the sort really being shown on screen in such a way.

#12 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:23 AM

I can confirm now that the Venice sequence is pretty much exactly the same as the December 2005 script draft. The characters of Gettler and the tall man are intact. The initial confrontation with Bond takes place at the music school previously mentioned. The overview I have of the scenes filmed in Venice is such that I can see no opportunity for any substantial changes - no boat chase or major action scene.

#13 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:42 AM

^^^That's a relief. I enjoyed the way this climax didnt go the same route as most action films (and Bond films) and involve a chase of some sort.

#14 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:53 AM

^^^That's a relief. I enjoyed the way this climax didnt go the same route as most action films (and Bond films) and involve a chase of some sort.

I second that! So it seems Gettler has been retained but who has been cast in the role?