What about EVIL!

5 replies to this topic

#1 oddjob

oddjob

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 01:53 PM

Whoever will play 007 is the most important question, but what about who will play the villain? My ideas are the following:
Jeremy Irons, Kevin Spacey or Joaquin Pheonix.
But there are two actors who must play a villain, it is there destiny: Alan Rickman and of course, Sean Connery!
What do you think?

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 07:13 AM

Agreed; having Connery in it could be detrimental to the incumbent Bond.

Given current form, it'll probably be anyone who's kicking about the RSC common room on any particlar day

#3 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 11:03 PM

I'd have said the same thing about Connery as villain- it just seemed to invite disparaging remarks from critics along the lines of "Connery still has more charisma in his little finger than the current Bond...etc.", but Brosnan has made Bond his own so thoroughly that it actually might work.
But... I think Connery would be asking for wa-a-ay too much for Eon to cast him.

And, yes, I'd have liked to see Warhead too.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 02:30 PM

oddjob (23 May, 2002 02:53 p.m.):
But there are two actors who must play a villain, it is there destiny: Alan Rickman and of course, Sean Connery!
What do you think?

Alan Rickman definitely. I'm longing for him to say,
"Misster. Bonnd"

the way he said,
"Misster Potterr".

Sean Connery; no it just wouldn't work. This is one thing that definitely shouldn't be in an 'official' Bond film. In a McClory production perhaps - Like that's ever gonna happen again. I would have liked to have seen WarHead though, don't ask why.

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 25 May 2002 - 06:36 AM

If McClory dies, then we could have a film-producer-villain! That way there's no defamation to McClory and it'll be an in-joke. Was Leon Essigner (or whatever) from NDOD supposed to be McClory? I don't think so, but...

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 10:42 AM

White Persian (24 May, 2002 12:03 a.m.):
And, yes, I'd have liked to see Warhead too.

Last I heard, it was supposed to be made in 2000 possibly. I guess McClory's plot fell through.
Do you think he still could be trying to make it? Maybe that's why Connery was approached to play a villain. It clearly wouldn't have been Eon, so maybe McClory representatives?