I have the answer!

12 replies to this topic

#1 bluelatune

bluelatune

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 03:15 PM

so the question is, who will play the next bond?
well, firstly Pierce is a god and should never stop playing bond...but the time will sadly come (hopefully another 3-4 films down the line i hope) and then a new bond will have to be found. so....he's got to look right - strikingly handsome, suave, brooding and mature. of the names being thrown around, none of them fit that description. So i'll suggest a name that i'm sure hasn't been mentioned before but certainly has the look and the potential..... Rupert Everett.

ok, now discuss!!

#2 00stz

00stz

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 05:53 AM

IMO that guy above looks too "thin" to be bond..

i think brosnan fits bond so well

as for the next bond Russell Crowe would be great as bond except itll be like

"Gday me names bond james [censored]n Bond"
(sad joke yes)

but dont you think it be weird having bond with a foreign (un british) accent????

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 06:23 PM

I agree with Daniel on this one. In a couple more years he'll probably be perfect for the role.

The picture reminds me of Sean Connery from Goldfinger in the pre-title sequence:

Posted Image

#4 bluelatune

bluelatune

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 08:38 PM

he's not a name thats been mentioned before though has he??
i can imagine when pierce does retire, he'd be ready by then

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 01:18 PM

I think a while back I read a report where he said he wanted to play Bond at some stage.

#6 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 08:02 PM

bluelatune (21 May, 2001 03:15 p.m.):
so the question is, who will play the next bond?
well, firstly Pierce is a god and should never stop playing bond...but the time will sadly come (hopefully another 3-4 films down the line i hope) and then a new bond will have to be found. so....he's got to look right - strikingly handsome, suave, brooding and mature. of the names being thrown around, none of them fit that description. So i'll suggest a name that i'm sure hasn't been mentioned before but certainly has the look and the potential..... Rupert Everett.

ok, now discuss!!

Rupert Everett HAS been mentioned as a possibility before. But since he is firmly out of the closet and has indicated his preference to play a the Bond character as Gay he has no chance.

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 06:17 AM

Oh that's the guy from My Best Friend's wedding isn't it? Who does the Bond line at the end?

#8 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 04:38 PM

Russell Crowe won't be Bond because after "Gladiator' Eon couldn't or wouldn't afford him, and he'd never sign a multi picture contract. I'm surprised that John Glen suggested him, because he strikes me as all wrong for the part, quite lacking the sheen of sophistication necessary ( did you see him in his tux at the Oscars - he looked like a kid at his High School Formal), and physically he's not right.
As for Rupert Everett, though he's fine appearence wise, there's no way he'd play the role "straight" in any sense of the word.
So far Adrian Paul or Hugh Jackman look best candidates to me, but I hope EON won't need to recast for a few years yet.

#9 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 July 2001 - 09:35 PM

I have to agree with you White Persian, there is no way they could afford Russell Crowe's salary. I think they pay Brosnan around

#10 Bondson

Bondson

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 09:56 PM

It was reported about a year ago in Empire Magazine that Rupert Everett, himself being gay, would like to make a gay James Bond spoof, where instead of him getting into clinches with glamour babes, they'd be replaced by musclar, male eye-candy! Now, call me a prude, but I don't think we really should be considering someone that openly wants to send the whole series up! We already have Rowan Atkinson in A Touch of Weevel doing that absurd turn. No, put that name quickly to the bottom of the file. No infact jettison it into the 'We'll let you know' tray. The NEXT Bond, yes, must be British

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 11:00 PM

who??? lol

No, I have heard of him. But know nothing about him. Feel free to tell me!

#12 bluelatune

bluelatune

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 07:51 AM

go and have a look at this page and see what you think...he's even dress up like bond in one shot!!

http://www.geocities...4/rupe1999.html

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 08:09 AM

He looks a bit Bondish. But he has too young a look to him. Give him about 4 or 5 years I think to get a better aged look!