12 replies to this topic

#1 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 08:53 AM

Martin Kemp is my favourite for James Bond after some elocution lessons.
He has the looks, the height but needs to iron out the cockney accent that he has.
He could be a good choice because of his dramatic good looks and his relationship with the camera. He wouldn't be known to the world so the world would accept his as the real James Bond.
If you haven't seen him I will get a picture.
What do you think?.

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 12:46 PM

Boldman (26 Aug, 2001 07:42 p.m.):
lol.

I think he'd make a superb 007.

The trouble is that those outside the UK will know him as 'the one who used to be in a pop band'. People will remember his bad haircut and unusual clothes.

Another problem could be his age. I believe he is around 40 now, which means he'll be about 44 when the next film comes out.

Apart from that, and his accent, I feel he's perfect for the job. He's leaving eastenders soon (March?) so he'll have plenty of time to film it.

Anyone who once played for Melchester Rovers can't be all bad.

But I can't see this, frankly. Although it's not as potty as the latest suggestion I heard this morning, which was that for the villain in "the next James Bond film" as the newspaper put it will be played by....Clint Eastwood.

?!

James Bond v Dirty Henry. Yikes.

#3 Civilian_La Shef_*

Civilian_La Shef_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2001 - 09:35 AM

In your dreams perhaps.... Martin Kemp is an annoying Gimp who couldn't play Bond if his life depended on it..... Unless he played Bond like David Niven.....

#4 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 09:18 AM

I've heard a few people mention Kemp as a good idea for Bond actually.

He looks alright, hes the right height and age, but I haven't seen anything of him to really comment.

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a "Martini Shaken Not Stirred", more a "Pint of lager please Sharon".

LOL

#6 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 06:38 PM

lol.

I think he'd make a superb 007.

The trouble is that those outside the UK will know him as 'the one who used to be in a pop band'. People will remember his bad haircut and unusual clothes.

Another problem could be his age. I believe he is around 40 now, which means he'll be about 44 when the next film comes out.

Apart from that, and his accent, I feel he's perfect for the job. He's leaving eastenders soon (March?) so he'll have plenty of time to film it.

#7 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 08:47 PM

Martin Kemp would be a big mistake. I don't think much of his acting and I think Alexander Siddig or Ewan McGregor would be a much better choice.

#8 Manchester_Bond

Manchester_Bond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 03:00 PM

Martin Kemp as Bond? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, My God the man cant act for toffee, who you going to get for a Villian? Ross Kemp? LOLOLOL. As for the Alexander Siddig choice, interesting but hardly likely. This was the man who played a Pakistani mountineer in Vertical limit, and Dr Basheer in DS9. I like the actor, but nooooooooooooooo way man.

#9 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 03:22 PM

I'd don't see anything wrong with his acting.

Even if if he couldn't act, he'd still be a better choice than 99% of the other candidates.

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 03:31 PM

Martin Kemp is a great actor. But as James Bond? No. I don't think he'd suit the roll. His Hair Cut (I know it sounds weird to mention) but wouldn't work. And if he wore some wig etc, people wouldn't see him as the same.

#11 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 07:40 PM

Has anyone seen the episode of DS9 called 'Our man Bashir'. Siddig plays a James Bond style charachter in that. When I seen this episode it was the first time I ever thought about him playing Bond.

#12 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 11:25 PM

His haircut? That's weird, I didn't notice anything wrong with it. Maybe a bit less grease could do him some good though.

#13 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 12:27 PM

Boldman (10 Sep, 2001 12:25 a.m.):
His haircut? That's weird, I didn't notice anything wrong with it. Maybe a bit less grease could do him some good though.

Martin's had a series of brain tumours so his hair is very thin.He dies his scalp black and his hair to match and has a mild weft attached.I think the health issues would stop him being 007.