7 replies to this topic

#1 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 08:52 PM

He has expressed interest in being James Bond, and indeed excels at playing masculine but cultured Englishmen. Also, consider his astrological chart is very similar to Connery's-

Both are Virgos, as is Lazenby.

Connery's moon is in Virgo, Firth's in Taurus. Still, Taurus and Virgo are both Earth signs.

Don't know about Ascendant. Connery's is in Capricorn, don't know Firth's; probably in Virgo, if I had to guess.

Both have Mercury in Virgo, Venus in Libra, and Mars in Gemini. These are the 3 most important planets after Sun, Moon, and Ascendant.

Connery's Jupiter is in Cancer, Firth's in Sagittarius. Big difference there.

They both have Saturn in Capricorn.

Connery's Uranus is in Aries, Firth's in Leo. Both Fire signs, then.

Connery's Neptune is in Virgo, Firth's in Scorpio. Different, yes, but not too much.

Connery's Pluto is in Cancer, Firth's in Virgo.

It seems that having a lot of Earth signs in the chart makes for a good 007. Connery's Virgo-Virgo-Cap combination makes him solid as rock and tough as nails, not to mention of course masculine.

While I know this won't hold water with everybody, I'd still like to know what you think. So tell me.

Dave

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 11:33 PM

Very cool astrological write up Dave!! :) I'm impressed. I've got my chart on my puter :)

Now, I was watching a preview of Bridget Jones' Diary on the weekend (ace movie :)) and I looked at Firth and thought the same thing.

He doesn't have the 'exact' right look but he has the potential I'd say! He'd just need to keep his new slimmer build and get a bit more actiony. He's got the gentelman down pay but now he has to lose the Mr Darcy image and use a damn gun :)

#3 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 02:17 AM

Who saw Blackadder: Back and Forth the other night?? Colin Firth was in it, and he played Shakespeare!!!!

I can't imagine him as a James Bond.

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 10:13 PM

YES! Colin Firth is my No 1 choice!

Ticket sales will rocket in england because - unlike Brosnan - women will pay to watch anything that he is in.

If I even say the words "Colin Firth" to any of my female friends they will spend the next 20 minutes stairing into the distance. After ten minutes they will begin to drool.

And... if anyone is worried about him not suiting violence... he's a bloody good actor so he can take on any part. And isn't that what the producers are looking for in the new Bond era... bloody good actors like Judi Dench, Samantha Bond and Micheal Kitchen.

Also call me an old traditionalist but isn't it about time we had an ENGLISH Bind who isn't the embarrassing inuendo spouting mess that is Roger Moore?

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 02:29 AM

Yes it was on the other night in Australia. Poor Shakespere. For those of you who don't know what we're talking about it was the special Black Adder they made for the Millenium Dome!

Anyhow I believe he was a tad chubby in it (I haven't watched it all yet, so I haven't come across Firth).

But watch him in Bridget Jones' Diary. He has some James Bond qualities. Like when he bashes the s***e out of Hugh Grant!! :)

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 11:48 PM

You've got a great point there. In England he's very marketable. World wide, I'm not so sure. But after Bridget Jones' Diary (why they spelt the movie title wrong, I still can't figure out!!) he'd be a lot more marketable.

#7 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 August 2001 - 06:29 AM

I agree he's a fine actor and my wife agrees about his appeal to the ladies, but Colin Firth just doesn't "look" like James Bond to me.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 August 2001 - 07:00 AM

It's the hair I think. Too wooly.