7 replies to this topic

#1 Getalife

Getalife

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 05:35 AM

Hi all,

I hope he stays as James Bond, I think he is great! What do you all think, eh???
He is made for the role and plus I bet he makes a heck of a lot of money, how can he give it up?
Well see I guess.
Thanks again Daniel your great

#2 mar

mar

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 12:38 AM

I think Pierce will stay in the role.

I know he likes doing other films between Bond, but he has always said that Bond is the ultimate challenge for him, and he feels he's just now getting into the role.

It was clear in Bond 19 that he was totally settled into the role of Bond. Personally, I don't want to see another actor in the role for a long time. I would love to see Pierce do seven Bonds like Sean and Roger.

I don't think he'll look too old for the role in the next couple films. He is still has a dynamite presence in the role.

He is finally getting character in his face.

I personally think Russell Crowe and Ralph Fiennes are not tall enough for the role.

The actor that plays Bond should be over 6 feet. Connery was 6' 1", Pierce is 6' 2" tall. He looks just perfect in the role and he should stay for quite awhile yet.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 10:48 PM

I have a feeling that Brosnan will stay all said and done for atleast Bond 21. Which will probably be 2004 and then another on 2007. That's my bet.

#4 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 12:39 AM

Blue Eyes (02 Apr, 2001 11:48 p.m.):
I have a feeling that Brosnan will stay all said and done for atleast Bond 21. Which will probably be 2004 and then another on 2007. That's my bet.

So you think he'll do at least five, then? Six would be risky- he'll be older by then (54 in 2007) and the writing may get weak (as it did in DAF, Octopussy, and AVTAK).

To me, five will cement him and four won't. Don't know why. Connery did six (six official; Never Say Never Again was a remake of Thunderball for Warner Bros., not MGM/UA) and Moore did seven (seven official, and he was 57 when he did the last one). I wonder if Brosnan would be up to breaking the record? Probably not. I think five would be enough for me.

Dave

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 04:55 AM

Five would be a good amount - I agree :) I intend to do seven personally ;p

That aside, I would like to see him do seven. think about this 7th movie in 2007. That's 007 in 2007. Would make good advertising amongst the fans. If MGM/UA don't release a movie in 2007 I'll personally ring them up and scream! This oppurtunity isn't going to come for another 1000 years!!

PS. Rubixcub congrats on becoming a premium member - welcome to the club :)

#6 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 04:43 PM

Blue Eyes (03 Apr, 2001 05:55 a.m.):
Five would be a good amount - I agree :) I intend to do seven personally ;p

That aside, I would like to see him do seven. think about this 7th movie in 2007. That's 007 in 2007. Would make good advertising amongst the fans. If MGM/UA don't release a movie in 2007 I'll personally ring them up and scream! This oppurtunity isn't going to come for another 1000 years!!

PS. Rubixcub congrats on becoming a premium member - welcome to the club :)

Thanks. What's a premium member?

You know, they may release one in 2007, but this point was made before, if he does them 3 years apart from now on, his fifth will be in 2004 and his sixth will be in 2007. Actually, if they're three years apart, his fifth will be in 2005. He'd have to do one within two years of another in order to get his sixth in 2007, never mind his seventh.

On the note of how many he'll do, I think many people are missing the point of Brosnan's outside successes. True, the other actors didn't have many outside successes while they played James Bond, and they did stick around. But think of what this means for Brosnan: he loves the role, for one thing, and he's getting the freedom to have some say in how they're being done, how the character is being developed, AND on top of that he's having outside success, meaning that audiences will accept him playing characters other than James Bond, a courtesy not extended to Connery or Moore. People badly want Brosnan to stay, but they're also willing to indulge in his other films. This is the sweetest deal Brosnan could possibly be in right now. If I were him (and I'm not, though I share his birth sign- Taurus- and my birthday's day after his) I wouldn't give up a good thing if I was in it.

Dave

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 12:35 AM

rubixcub (03 Apr, 2001 05:43 p.m.):

Thanks.  What's a premium member?

You know, they may release one in 2007, but this point was made before, if he does them 3 years apart from now on, his fifth will be in 2004 and his sixth will be in 2007.  Actually, if they're three years apart, his fifth will be in 2005.  He'd have to do one within two years of another in order to get his sixth in 2007, never mind his seventh.

On the note of how many he'll do, I think many people are missing the point of Brosnan's outside successes.  True, the other actors didn't have many outside successes while they played James Bond, and they did stick around.  But think of what this means for Brosnan:  he loves the role, for one thing, and he's getting the freedom to have some say in how they're being done, how the character is being developed, AND on top of that he's having outside success, meaning that audiences will accept him playing characters other than James Bond, a courtesy not extended to Connery or Moore.  People badly want Brosnan to stay, but they're also willing to indulge in his other films.  This is the sweetest deal Brosnan could possibly be in right now.  If I were him (and I'm not, though I share his birth sign- Taurus- and my birthday's day after his) I wouldn't give up a good thing if I was in it.

Dave

Hey Rubixcub

A premium member is someone who's made over (I think) 50 posts of good quality.

I hope we'll have one in 2007. Passing by the year 007 would be just be bloody insane and boy would I want to ring MGM up and swear my head off at them.

You've got a good point about people not wanting him to give it up. Brosnan is about the only Bond who has outside success. Think of The Thomas Crown Affair. That aside they're chasing him for heaps of films. Basic Instinct 2, Sound Of Thunder and God knows how many that don't actually reach the media's attention. I think they'll continue to chase him as long as he's Bond, why? Because Bond is free publicity and everyone knows that. As long as you're invovled in Bond you're going to be hot press property!!

Blue Eyes

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 10:14 AM

Hi GetALife! Seeing you're being so nice to me I thought I may as well reply :)

Sadly it seems that Brosnan may leave after the next James Bond movie (ie. new actor in Bond 21). Though both Roger Moore and Sean Connery both said they were leaving and returned this may not be true for Brosnan as well. Unlike Connery and Moore Brosnan is having quite a bit of inbetween success. He's doing other movies at the moment such as The Tailor Of Panama and the Sound Of Thunder. Inbetween TWINE and Bond 20 he's sqeezed in three movies! All of which are expected to be quite bit at the box office.

Brosnan likes to act. James Bond isn't a huge acting role cause it's mostly the same stuff. However, his new films are acting roles. Here lies his choice.

Of course this doesn't mean he won't stay. Brosnan is adored by EON, MGM and a lot of fans! MGM & EON will throw quite a bit of money his way to retain him.

Hope this helps