• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:54 AM

I have an idea for Bond 22/23 movie remake. Check it out:

Title: Octopussy

Starring Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond

Directed by Paul Greengrass

Plot:
The pre-title sequence is unrelated to the rest of the film, involving Bond's mission to destroy an old Soviet nuclear "walking tank" which has fallen into the hands of an un-named African country, and features him flying a MiG 21.

When a fatally wounded 009 stumbles into the British Embassy in Singapore with a fake Rumi gold (Gold bar with Quran text written over it), MI6 immediately suspect criminal involvement (the real valuable gold has turned up at auction in London). James Bond is sent to find out who the seller is and subsequently why 009 was murdered because of the fake egg. When an exiled Iraqi billionaire, Bashir Shahib clearly has to buy the egg at any price during the auction, Bond follows him back to his palace (Palace of the Golden Horses) in Malaysia to find out why.

Bashir Shahib is working for renegade Israeli general Shobeth , who is supplying Khan with real priceless Islamic treasures, replacing them in state depositories with replicas. Bashir Shahib is in turn smuggling them into the west with help from the mysterious Claire Redknight, a fabulously wealthy woman who is infact an undercover MI6 agent who has been in disguise as a billionaire entrepreneur for Bashir for over a year. Redknight also leads an all-female undercover military unit, and is more than an undercover agent, however, and she also helped Bashir in many legitimate businesses, including shipping, hotels, carnivals and circuses - the latter being used as an ideal front for smuggling gold and artifacts. As a result, many of her female guards and soldiers working in her unit are highly trained gymnasts. Bond is led to Redknight and confronts her, only to find out that she feels indebted to him for letting her father, a British Major, commit suicide rather than face the shame of a court martial when Bond was sent after him for smuggling and murder some years before. With Redknight now an ally to Bond, Bashir Shahib manages to separate the pair long enough to pursue his real plan - to replace the jewellery canister being smuggled by Rednight's circus with a nuclear bomb. The warhead is primed to go off during a performance at a US Air Force base in Iraq. As the explosion will look like an accident, the Middle East would insist on nuclear disarmament and thus leave the Middle East defenceless against an attack from Shobeth's Israeli forces.

Bond at Bashir's palace in Malaysia sees Shobeth arrive without restrictions and hears that they plan to meet at Amman in Jordan, where Redknight's circus is going to perform, before it heads on a train to Iraq. Here Shobeth destroys the Rumi gold because he thinks it is actually a fakely plated one. Bond manages to escape from the palace pursued by Bashir on top of elephants, and is saved by some passing Japanese tourists.

In Jordan Bond tries to stop the train with the bomb on board from leaving the Soviet base. He confronts Shobeth, who escapes. Bond then follows the train by car, which he even manages to drive on the rails. Also following the train is
CIA agent Felix Leiter who has found out about Shobeth's plan and also tries to stop the train. When Shobeth realizes that Bond is aboard he is after the train too, past the US Army border guards who shoot him. Felix arrives just as he is shot.

Aboard the train, Bond is pursued by Bashir. Bond is forced off, and pursues it on foot and by taking a car. Bashir and his servant know about the bomb and leave, on their way out passing Bond on the road, but Kamal thinks they will be 'rid of Bond too'. Bond has trouble getting into the American military base, and gets into the circus disguised as a clown. The American guards let him go after he is identified by Redknight and Leiter, and he manages to defuse the bomb just in time.

Back in Malaysia, Bashir is preparing to leave his palace. However, Redknight and her unit with the help from the Malaysian army arrive, along with Q and Bond in a glider. They overpower the guards, although Bashir escapes on a Lockheed JetStar with Redknight. Bond hangs onto the plane, and battles it out with the Indian servant outside the plane, before Bond and Redknight manage to escape and the plane crashes into the side of a mountain.

Cast:
Daniel Craig - James Bond
Jaime Murray - Claire Redknight
John Cleese - Q
David Suchet - Bashir Shahib
Dame Judi Dench - M
Will Arnett - Felix Leiter

Produced by:
Barbara Broccoli & Michael G. WIlson

Written by:
Neil Purvis (screenplay)
Robert Wade (screenplay)
Tom Stoppard (script-polishing)
Mohamad Taufiq (aka malaysian_bond)(story)

There, i've changed it to Octopussy

Edited by malaysian_bond, 07 June 2006 - 01:37 AM.

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:00 AM

Might as well just call it Octopussy and make it a shot for shot remake. All that trouble of posting and you basically summarized the film.

#3 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:12 AM

NOTE: You may notice that the story is quite similar to Octopussy. Because that Octopussy is one of my favourite Roger Moore Bond movies(And also the first one i've ever saw), i'd like to make my own Bond story with the elements from Octopussy. Get it?

Yeah, but not shot for shot like this. Even The Spy Who Loved Me is different in it's own right from You Only Live Twice, as well as Moonraker from The Spy Who Loved Me. (All those are generally the same.)

It can follow the same arc or switch out things like .. a space station instead of an underwater sea base or instead of a hallowed out volcano and it'd be okay, but .. yeah.. you just pretty much summarised Octopussy entirely. Switch it up.

#4 malaysian_bond

malaysian_bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:38 AM

Okay, i've just switched it to Octopussy. But is my story good?

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

Okay, i've just switched it to Octopussy. But is my story good?

It doesnt matter what the title is. You took Octopussy and changed a few elements here and there. No one in there right mind would ever greenlight this project.

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

[mra]It

#7 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

[quote name='Mister Asterix' post='563314' date='7 June 2006 - 15:57']
[mra]It

#8 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

Interesting. I like the twist that Octopussy is an MI6 agent who's infiltrated Khan's set-up. (You call him Khan at one stage, incidentally and mistake the gold bar for an egg). I don't understand this bit, though:

The warhead is primed to go off during a performance at a US Air Force base in Iraq. As the explosion will look like an accident, the Middle East would insist on nuclear disarmament and thus leave the Middle East defenceless against an attack from Shobeth's Israeli forces.

If a warhead went off at a US airbase in Iraq, the US would suspect it was a terrorist attack, and would act accordingly. Do you really believe that 'the Middle East' would be able to demand America's nuclear disarmament? How, exactly? With what?

Can't see that happening.

#9 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:40 PM

If a warhead went off at a US airbase in Iraq, the US would suspect it was a terrorist attack, and would act accordingly. Do you really believe that 'the Middle East' would be able to demand America's nuclear disarmament? How, exactly? With what?

Can't see that happening.

He's not thinking it out realisticly, he's just changing the names of the countries without realizing that they are regarded differently by the US.