9 replies to this topic

#1 JReber007

JReber007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:07 PM

Anyone here know who I mean when I say Jason Issacs? He's plays a spy in Jackie Chan's "The Tuxedo" and he's been a real badass in "The Patriot." He's about the right age too...I will get a picture for anyone who needs it.

#2 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 01:13 PM

not Bond, but possibly a villain...

#3 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 06:24 PM

When I saw Isaacs in The Patriot I thought he might make a good Bond--he reminded me of a cross between Timothy Dalton and Laurence Harvey (allegedly Kevin McClory's choice to play Bond in his aborted pre-1965 Thunderball project)--but having seen him lately I'm not too sure. He seems to have put on weight since Patriot and he'd require a rug (remember how they looked on Connery in YOLT, DAF, and NSNA?). He also does seem to be establishing himself as a villain: he'll even be in the next Harry Potter movie as Malfoy's father, an arrogant and bigoted bureaucrat. So I guess I'd now rather see Isaacs battling Bond than being Bond.

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 06:37 AM

For some reason he was on that awards thing the other evening; agree about the lack of hair. Looked quick athletic though. Definitely something Dalton-like about the face. Might make a good Bond.

#5 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 09:28 PM

VERY Dalton-esque! I haven't seen any of his work but he'd make a great Bond.

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 May 2002 - 12:00 AM

Can anyone post a pic of JI? I've tried to find a suitable one on the net, but to no avail.

In my mind he "looks" too cruel, and better suited as a villain. I hated him (the character, that is) with a passion in The Patriot.

A Bond villain perhaps?

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 25 May 2002 - 05:54 AM

Rather like Mr Carmichael. And Dlaton. A little thin on top, but obviously that can be fixed. :)

#8 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:16 PM

The IMDb has loads of pictures of him, and after sifting through them all; I have to say that I don't think he looks right for the part.
Sorry to disagree with you, but I just don't see him as a potential Bond.

#9 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:38 PM

I posted this idea quite a while ago when I saw Jason Isaacs on the Johnny Vaughn show (UK) promoting Black Hawk Down.

I think he would make an interesting Bond, similar to Timothy Dalton, but perhaps not what everyone else would expect.

#10 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 06:40 PM

He plays almost all villains, though. Needs to start playing good guys if he wants a shot, not that I think it will do him any good. He's probably too far down on the shortlist.

Dave