4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 01:15 PM

The producer of the new James Bond film says he wouldn't rule out the idea of a female lead one day.

Michael G Wilson told Ananova that Bond is a film franchise that moves with the times.

He says people were surprised when they first came up with the idea of having a female M.

Speaking at the opening of the new James Bond exhibition at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television in Bradford he said: "I suppose nothing is out of the question.

"Bond films are contemporary, they're a reflection of the contemporary free world."

Taken from Ananova - no further comment.

#2 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 09:57 AM

Wonder whether this suggests that there might indeed be a female 007 in Die Another Day, as Zencat predicted.

#3 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 11:55 PM

Why couldn't he have just said 'Nay' ?

#4 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 01:08 AM

What's wrong with a female lead? It wouldn't be the only lead for sure...it might be a lead where she takes the TV series, and Bond keeps the movies....and she appears in the movies, and he shows up on TV during sweeps week.

I guess I would much rather see separate movies...one for a female "00" agent and one for James Bond. I don't know if I could take more than one movie with James Bond having a full time partner. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...but it will definately change the dynamic of the franchise.

Besides....Mikey G. likes to say nothing is impossible....and it might not be....but not much is probable in their world either, except for James Bond, good looking women, and great stunts.

-- Xen

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 01:48 AM

Xenobia (24 Mar, 2002 01:08 a.m.):(edited)
What's wrong with a female lead? It wouldn't be the only lead for sure...it might be a lead where she takes the TV series, and Bond keeps the movies....and she appears in the movies, and he shows up on TV during sweeps week.

I would agree except that would make it just like 'Alias' but with Brits.