13 replies to this topic

#1 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:32 AM

If you don't have it yet, or if you want to get additional copies so you can have it for all 3 systems :tup: , FRWL is 9.99 at Circuit City for PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube this week (till Saturday 3rd).

#2 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:38 AM

Wow, even though I thought it was a terrible game, I'd be willing to pick it up for $9.99. I may have to stop at Circuit City tomorrow.

Edited by Aussie21, 29 May 2006 - 03:39 AM.

#3 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:18 AM

Wow, even though I thought it was a terrible game, I'd be willing to pick it up for $9.99. I may have to stop at Circuit City tomorrow.

Eeh I thought it was OK, nothing Earth-shattering, but definitely worth a look. There are other 9.99 games on sale too, just off the top of my head there's Half Life 2, Metroid Prime 2, Rainbow six Lockdown, and others...look for a sale bin that should have all these in it.

#4 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:20 AM

Yea, I'd probably pick up Metroid Prime 2, as well. I like the Metroid series, I've just never gotten around to picking it up. But again, for $10, that's a great deal.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:46 AM

Wow. I'd seen alot of the recent Bond games for $19.99, but $9.99? Right into the bargain bins it appears.

#6 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:56 AM

Wow. I'd seen alot of the recent Bond games for $19.99, but $9.99? Right into the bargain bins it appears.

I noticed that both Nightfire and EoN became Player's Choice titles on the Gamecube (which retail for $19.99). That doesn't seem to be the case for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, which has been out for more than a year, or FRWL. It's true that FRWL has been out for a considerably shorter amount of time, but I still doubt it'll be made a PC title.

I forget how many copies a title must sell before it becomes a PC title, but it goes to show that after EoN, the Bond games began to sell less and less. Which is why it appears that FRWL is falling into the bargain bins after only being on the market for less than a year. Sad.

Edited by Aussie21, 29 May 2006 - 06:57 AM.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:02 AM

...after EoN, the Bond games began to sell less and less. Which is why it appears that FRWL is falling into the bargain bins after only being on the market for less than a year. Sad.

Precisely. And I for one--and I assume other fans--expected From Russia With Love to change this.

Maybe Activision will.

#8 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:09 AM

...after EoN, the Bond games began to sell less and less. Which is why it appears that FRWL is falling into the bargain bins after only being on the market for less than a year. Sad.

Precisely. And I for one--and I assume other fans--expected From Russia With Love to change this.

Maybe Activision will.

What disappoints me though is that I have a feeling that the industry will feel that the reason FRWL failed was because it was based around an 'ancient' actor, an 'ancient' film, one which kids today have no interest in. And then we'll never get another Bond game focused on one of the older films.

But in all actuality, the reason FRWL was a failure was because of the company who made it, and the stagnation that was allowed to happen to the series when EA became largely unoriginal and uncaring.

(I apologise for the harping I do with this subject, but I've been sick of EA for quite some time. The only games I enjoy of theirs is the Tiger Woods series, though the 2006 edition was lacking.)

Edited by Aussie21, 29 May 2006 - 07:11 AM.

#9 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:27 AM

Here's the link if anyone's interested in ordering the game from Circuit City's website -

From Russia With Love

#10 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:30 AM

It isn't being clearanced out though, its new retail price is $19.99 which is pretty much the standard price drop after six months or so, isn't it? They're just having a Memorial day special right now with a bunch of big name games for $10 a pop.

#11 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

It isn't being clearanced out though, its new retail price is $19.99 which is pretty much the standard price drop after six months or so, isn't it? They're just having a Memorial day special right now with a bunch of big name games for $10 a pop.

I wouldn't say a price drop to $19.99 is all that common after six months. If a game sells well, it'll usually linger at its original pricepoint for almost a year before dropping.

Edited by Aussie21, 29 May 2006 - 07:22 PM.

#12 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:05 AM

Sadly when I went to Circuit City Monday, there was like the pile'o'junk, as all the good games already got sold today or the day before.

Sad, because I wouldn't have minded playing FRWL for only $10.

#13 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

Sadly when I went to Circuit City Monday, there was like the pile'o'junk, as all the good games already got sold today or the day before.

Sad, because I wouldn't have minded playing FRWL for only $10.

Ah, that's disappointing, but not surprising. I wonder if my local CC has FRWL left. I'll check this afternoon.

#14 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:23 AM

They had several copies available at the one I visited today when I picked up Freedomland. Also had GE:RA for $8.96 I think.