Christian Bale talks Bond

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tanner

Tanner

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 07:14 AM

I threw this actor's name forward as a possible candidate to replace Brosnan in the recent "The Next Bond (repost)" thread, and it seems that I'm not the only person who thinks that Christian Bale would be perfect for the role. Bale himself can be found commenting on the idea of playing 007 at:

www.empireonline.co.uk/news

Personally, I think he'd be a daring choice for 007, not least because of his "American Psycho" reputation. What does everyone else think?

#2 francis

francis

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 12:16 PM

bale is far too lightweight to play 007>I don't neccessarily mean -physically I mean
he hasn't got the strength of personality or the charisma to play the role.Also IMHO he isn't handsome enough.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 May 2001 - 02:05 AM

What else has Bale been in?

#4 francis

francis

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 12:38 PM

Bale was also in a low budget movie called All The Little Animals which was a waste of celluloid.To be honest he is currently filming Reign Of Fire with Gerry Butler and I suspect his press announcement that he wants to play Bond is motivated by the amount of Publicity Butler has been getting as a 007 contender.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 11:52 PM

Well a source of mine mentions that a lot of the tabloid announcements have come from the press agents of the actors. Why? Because it gets them a damn lot of press coverage.