Reviews of the most recent James Bond video game

#2 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:45 AM

I've been largely disappointed with the PSP. It was touted by Sony as the Gameboy killer, and it's done nothing of the sort.

It's a $200 brick that sees badly done ports from the PS2. The analogue nub does nothing to make the controls more fluid, and it ends up ruining great games. That's not to say that FRWL was a great game, but it was decent on the PS2. The PSP just magnified what was bad about the PS2 version, and then on top of that made it even worse.

Pity.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:17 PM

The ratings tend to be in the same range as those for the console version: 6.0 to 7.0 out of 10. After all the hype, I really expected more.

#4 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:09 AM

The ratings tend to be in the same range as those for the console version: 6.0 to 7.0 out of 10. After all the hype, I really expected more.

I remember that Goldeneye: Rogue Agent garnered some huge hype before it released and then when it was released it was considered to be a dud. That was a huge disappoint. Everyone was excited by the fact that it was going to be a new Bond FPS, one that could stand up to the original Goldeneye. Unfortunately it was nothing of the sort.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:10 AM

I remember that Goldeneye: Rogue Agent garnered some huge hype before it released and then when it was released it was considered to be a dud. That was a huge disappoint. Everyone was excited by the fact that it was going to be a new Bond FPS, one that could stand up to the original Goldeneye. Unfortunately it was nothing of the sort.

True, two disappointments in a row for EA. A greater one in FRWL (in my opinion) than compared to GE:RA.

#6 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:15 AM

True, two disappointments in a row for EA. A greater one in FRWL (in my opinion) than compared to GE:RA.

Yep, two disappointments, which is why I'm overjoyed that Activision has assumed the rights to produce Bond video games. I'm not sure how well they'll do with it, but at least there's a chance there'll be better Bond games on the market.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:16 AM

I'm all for it as well. Time for a change of some sorts.