#151 Jericho_One

Jericho_One

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

They should keep Tracy out.
She already made her appearance, and a rather good one.
CR is introducing Bond as 007, fine. It is said that Bond 22 will probably be a direct sequel- fine again. But in Bond 23 (hoping there is one) they should just get on with it. By that time ,Bond will already have had 2 movies to get acquainted with the "00" status, so he will be the same old Bond again in another mission. Time and continuity are not really issues, so between Bond 22 and 23, there will be a very confortable place where Tracy and all the people in Bond's past - good and bad, can all rest.

#152 Broadsword

Broadsword

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

Do you think the SBS stuff would have been emphasized if DC hadn't got the gig.

I mean he fits the SBS type in terms of build and 'looks' ,,,certainly more than Jackman or indeed any of the other possibles.

I just wonder how much was fitted round DC and vice versa

#153 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

I think alot of it was. I think before Craig was brought in the script probably emphisized more of the young rookie stuff and was aimed towards someone in their late twenties, early thirties and probably not as hard edged.

When Craig signed on, I think that's when they brought Haggis in and fitted everything towards Craig, making the character a bit rougher around the edges. After reading what people have said about the script, there's no way I can picture anyone else in the film.

That's just what I think atleast, after reading interviews and such.

#154 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

After reading what people have said about the script, there's no way I can picture anyone else in the film.

That's just what I think, at least, after reading interviews and such.

After reading the script (12-13-05: Second Haggis revision), and since I have not seen Craig as Bond, I found it to be a Brosnan-type script, which it probably was originally. Just like THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS was a stock script that fit anyone coming into the role, though a lot of changes were done after Brosnan was signed, I think this one was creted the same way.

That is how it reads, anyway.

#155 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

After reading what people have said about the script, there's no way I can picture anyone else in the film.

That's just what I think, at least, after reading interviews and such.

After reading the script (12-13-05: Second Haggis revision), and since I have not seen Craig as Bond, I found it to be a Brosnan-type script, which it probably was originally. Just like THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS was a stock script that fit anyone coming into the role, though a lot of changes were done after Brosnan was signed, I think this one was creted the same way.

That is how it reads, anyway.

I don't think it reads at all like Brozzy's Bond. It reads very much like a new, tough, bastard sort of Bond that's terribly removed from anything Brosnan ever did in the role. One who's not afraid to get his hands dirty. Honestly, I try to picture Brosnan in that script, and I can't. I see Craig.

It's certainly not a "stock script" as you suggest. Not at all.

#156 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:18 AM

[quote name='Harmsway' date='26 June 2006 - 22:00' post='569289']
After reading the script (12-13-05: Second Haggis revision), and since I have not seen Craig as Bond, I found it to be a Brosnan-type script, which it probably was originally. Just like THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS was a stock script that fit anyone coming into the role, though a lot of changes were done after Brosnan was signed to make it a bit sillier (i.e., the rocket-powered "Batmobile" Aston-Martin, etc), I think this one was created the same way.

That is how it reads, anyway.[/quote]
I don't think it reads at all like Brozzy's Bond. It reads very much like a new, tough, bastard sort of Bond that's terribly removed from anything Brosnan ever did in the role. One who's not afraid to get his hands dirty. Honestly, I try to picture Brosnan in that script, and I can't. I see Craig.

It's certainly not a "stock script" as you suggest. Not at all.
[/quote]

After the opening scenes and the silly 'origin' of the gunbarrel (which is really just a really stupid concept to even mention what it is in the script), the rest of it reads like most of the early drafts of any of the others Bonds, except that this one gets duller and chattier as it goes on (though I did find the free-running homage to Jackie Chan very humourous, and I am sure the audience will, too).

The THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH first draft was certainly better and leaner than the final product, but was screwed up by the third draft. I do think that this script has evolved a bit since the copy I recieved, but that is not always a good sign. However, I am glad the the aging Brosnan was dismissed and I am sure Craig will give it his best shot; but any Bond-actor is only as good as the tools (Director, script, composer, etc.) that he can work with.

They have all made good ones, and they have all made stinkers.

#157 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:38 AM

After the opening scenes and the opening scenes and the silly 'origin' of the gunbarrel (which is really just a really stupid concept to even mention what it is in the script), the rest of it reads like most of the early drafts of any of the others Bonds, except that this one gets duller and chattier as it goes on (though I did find the free-running homage to Jackie Chan very humourous, and I am sure the audience will, too).

Homage to Jackie Chan?! And I don't think the gunbarrel is really an "origin" of the gunbarrel, rather just a symbolic use of the gunbarrel to indicated Bond's gaining of the 00-status and thus taking his place in the halls of legend.

And no, it doesn't read like most of the other Bonds - especially in how it treats the Bond character. It's clearly a more humanized Bond than before, and a Bond with the darker side that Fleming gave him. You want to read a generic Bond draft, read the final draft of TOMORROW NEVER DIES (the day a generic Bond draft has the villain killed 2/3rds of the way through with Bond incapacitated in a hospital and then spending the rest of the time in a romantic love story is a day when pigs fly). This is something different.

It's also a script that I think gets better as it goes on as the character and dialogue scenes really come out in the ROYALE sequence. It's really when the script reaches Montenegro that it really comes together in a combination of character and Bondian coolness. I can't wait to see it all come together.

It's a far better script than we've had in any of the Brosnan years. In fact, it's a better script than most of the Bond franchise has had, period (which is hardly saying that much, but it is worth pointing out).

#158 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:57 AM

[It's a far better script than we've had in any of the Brosnan years. In fact, it's a better script than most of the Bond franchise has had, period (which is hardly saying that much, but it is worth pointing out).

Dull ending to it all and a torture scene that will cause a few gaffaws in the audience.

Luckily it is a short film.

#159 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

[It's a far better script than we've had in any of the Brosnan years. In fact, it's a better script than most of the Bond franchise has had, period (which is hardly saying that much, but it is worth pointing out).

Dull ending to it all and a torture scene that will cause a few gaffaws in the audience.

An awesome ending to it all, and a torture scene that should be certainly one of the more interesting sequences in Bond film history.

#160 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

An awesome ending to it all, and a torture scene that should be certainly one of the more interesting sequences in Bond film history.

Harmsway: Defender of the not-yet-filmed

:tup:

#161 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

[quote name='Harmsway' date='27 June 2006 - 10:25' post='569405']
[Dull ending to it all and a torture scene that will cause a few gaffaws in the audience.[/quote]
[/quote]

OK.

#162 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:06 PM

Harmsway: Defender of the not-yet-filmed

:tup:

Quite. But just defender of the script I have in my hands, actually. If things are changed, and they will have been, the final product may be better or worse than what I have right here. And for that matter, I can't defend it's execution, either, until Nov. 17. But I can defend what I have in front of me, and that is a pretty sweet screenplay.

#163 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:12 PM

[quote name='Harmsway' date='27 June 2006 - 11:06' post='569417']
Dull ending to it all and a torture scene that will cause a few gaffaws in the audience.[/quote]
:tup:[/quote]
Quite. But just defender of the script I have in my hands, actually. If things are changed, and they will have been, the final product may be better or worse than what I have right here. And for that matter, I can't defend it's execution, either, until Nov. 17. But I can defend what I have in front of me, and that is a pretty sweet screenplay.
[/quote]

Of the approx twenty minutes of the film that I have seen, I can honestly say that the most interesting part of it all is Mr. Craig (and the girls, of course).

He certainly has a great presence and, as this is, more or less, a new character, he seems to fit the bill better than any of his predessors have in their freshman role. Not quite as smooth a delivery as Connery (despite some of his awkwardness in DOCTOR NO), but certanily not as goofy a delivery as Dalton did. Craig will be considered the best of the lot and should be fitting more into the established character with QUANTUM OF SOLACE. i honestly believe that he will not do more than the trilogy.

That is about the best that I can say at this time (though another Sony screening is due next month).

#164 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

Of the approx twenty minutes of the film that I have seen, I can honestly say that the most interesting part of it all is Mr. Craig (and the girls, of course).

He certainly has a great presence and, as this is, more or less, a new character, he seems to fit the bill better than any of his predessors have in their freshman role. Not quite as smooth a delivery as Connery (despite some of his awkwardness in DOCTOR NO), but certanily not as goofy a delivery as Dalton did. Craig will be considered the best of the lot and should be fitting more into the established character with QUANTUM OF SOLACE. i honestly believe that he will not do more than the trilogy.

That is about the best that I can say at this time (though another Sony screening is due next month).

If what you say is genuine, it's excellent news.

#165 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

What do you mean by another screening?

#166 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:57 AM

The first screening was a few weeks ago and they ran a twenty-minute synopsis of what had been filmed so far. This is a normal procedure for interested parties (Exhibitors, Licensors, etc.) to get a feel for what the film will be, using the condensed versions of what has already been filmed. The interesting thing about these screenings is that sometimes you get to see scenes that will not make it to the final version; i.e., the tour of the Disco in THUNDERBALL, the excersise room on the space-station in MOONRAKER, etc. (Though you never know what those 'deleted' scenes will be until the final version is released).

As the film progresses, the screenings will showcase an updated version of the film using the latest filmed scenes, but is is always a short version (Noboby at these things wants to sit through the whole film, since they present a full line-up of all the films the company has due out).

hence, 'another screening'.

#167 Broadsword

Broadsword

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

Is Quantum of Solace the next title and is it confirmed?

Where does it come from?.

Tell us more about what you saw. Impressions you got DC's delivery, screen presence, stunt work etc

#168 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:43 AM

The first screening was a few weeks ago and they ran a twenty-minute synopsis of what had been filmed so far. This is a normal procedure for interested parties (Exhibitors, Licensors, etc.) to get a feel for what the film will be, using the condensed versions of what has already been filmed. The interesting thing about these screenings is that sometimes you get to see scenes that will not make it to the final version; i.e., the tour of the Disco in THUNDERBALL, the excersise room on the space-station in MOONRAKER, etc. (Though you never know what those 'deleted' scenes will be until the final version is released).

As the film progresses, the screenings will showcase an updated version of the film using the latest filmed scenes, but is is always a short version (Noboby at these things wants to sit through the whole film, since they present a full line-up of all the films the company has due out).

hence, 'another screening'.

I