23 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Watts

Robert Watts

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

I thought this was a pretty cool idea, so naturally I made a thread out of it. Basically you write down what you would have in your dream Bond game, a few things that you may wish to post.

1. Name
2. Bond
3. Cast & Characters
4. Locations
5. Number of Levels
6. Level Objectives and basics
7. Ending
8. Cut Scenes
9. Gadgets
10. Vehicles

You get the gist :tup:

My idea will be in the following post.

#2 Robert Watts

Robert Watts

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

A Quantum of Solace

Starring Sean Connery as James Bond OO7

Other Main Characters-

Maslin Chevallier- (Anthony Hopkins) An ingenious French millionaire, Chevallier is a shipping magnate with suspected links to SPECTRE.

Eva Laval

#3 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:11 AM

I would personally love to see a game of The Spy Who Loved Me. I think they could keep all of the elements of it, add a few new things, and it would be a very entertaining game. It would also be cool to be able to play as Roger Moore. Another movie I think would make a good game is On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Again if they kept the elements of it and added a few new things it would be awesome. I wonder if they ever do make a George, Roger or Timothy game if they will get them to voice Bond like they did for From Russia With Love and Everything or Nothing.

#4 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

I'd want to see something done with either Roger Moore or Sean Connery. I'd expect less shooting and more tactics/undercover/sneaking missions and more character interaction.

I dont care about locations and I cant think of characters or actors to portray them. Just as long as the design is true to the movies.

Another actor I would like to see as Bond would be Timothy Dalton, but I dont really see this happening, since he's lesser known Bond without many box-office hits, when he portrayed Bond in his two movies.

Edited by Blonde Bond, 14 May 2006 - 05:21 PM.

#5 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

I'd love to see a game of "Moonraker". I think they're sitting on a cash cow there.

#6 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

Didnt someone already do it? Except it was called "No One Lives Forever" ? :tup:

Well anyway, it had a mission in space... that's all I'm saying.

#7 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

JAMES BOND AND THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (yep, that's the title, not just THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN)

Starring Roger Moore as James Bond, Christopher Lee as Francisco Scaramanga, Britt Ekland as Mary Goodnight, Maud Adams as Andrea Anders, Clifton James as Sheriff J.W. Pepper

Other Main Characters-

Various characters to choose your identity from

You play so-and-so or so-and-so, and you are the world's second most in-demand professional assassin. One man stands in the way of your being number one: Scaramanga. Your job is to get to Scaramanga's targets before he does and kill them - this will result in his reputation in the business (and his lethality in this game) going down and yours going up. Of course, if Scaramanga notices you doing this (and sooner or later he will), he's going to try to kill you, so you must evade him while carrying out your assignments. The only way you can kill Scaramanga is by teaming up with Bond - completing various tasks will get Bond on your side, but once Bond finds out that you are just as much of a baddie as Scaramanga (this is also pretty much inevitable) he too is going to try to kill you. However, Scaramanga may unwittingly protect you from Bond, since you can send him anonymous messages telling him where Bond is.

The scenario you're aiming for: you complete as many of your (Scaramanga's) assignments as possible, while keeping one step ahead of The Man With the Golden Gun and getting Bond to trust you enough for him to give you his Walther PPK, which is the only weapon with which you stand a chance in a duel with Scaramanga. If you manage to kill Scaramanga, you get to take on Bond, who's (naturally) even more difficult to slay, but if you do kill 007.... well, then I guess you've won the game.

Locations-

Rio de Janeiro
Hong Kong
Bangkok
Tokyo (all very '70s, of course; this is a quite hilariously "period" game)

Number of Levels-

#8 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:52 PM

Thunderball would be a cool game, especially if you could swim underwater. It'd also be nice to see a You Only Live Twice. It would be spiced up a bit but getting the chance to man "Little Nellie" would be the highlight of the game.

#9 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

Pierce Brosnan is James Bond in Die Another Day

1st Person Shooter

Locations: North Korea, China, Cuba, UK, Iceland

The storyline for Die Another Day won't be exact with the movie. I'm eliminating things such as the prisoner exchange, the lengthy MI6 stuff (although there is still some), and I shortened the stint in Iceland. Also, I thought since DAD is often seen as a tribute to the 19 previous films...why not have a level for each previous film in the video game?

Levels: 34

Level 1: BEACH: Bond on beach in North Korea - shoot 'em up with baddies and take sniper rifle and eliminate Mr. Van Bierk from long range. Take helicopter. (similar to Dam on GE64)

Level 2: COURTYARD: Bond's firefight with Col. Moon and Zao's men. (similar to the Pre-titles of EoN)

Level 3: DMZ: Hovercraft chase shoot 'em up with enemies and "kill" Col. Moon at end. (similar to Alpine Escape on NF)

Level 4: PENITENTIARY: Months after DMZ, Bond must defeat torturers, contact MI6 somehow, and break out to find a MI6 helicopter. (similar to Archives on GE64)

Level 5: ROOFTOP: In a clear departure from the movie script (like Surface & Bunker on GE64), Bond attempts to locate Zao before he can kill the Chinese men referenced in Bond's exchange with Mr. Chang in the movie. Bond fails this mission after killing lots of baddies, but not being able to find Zao in time. (not similar to any previous level I can think of)

Interlude- Unfortunately, in an attempt to connect the dots of the story, this interlude is quite long. It involves Bond meeting with Mr. Chang in Hong Kong after failing to catch Zao and then Bond flying to Cuba and meeting with Raul. I hope this would function as a reward for completeing the first levels and this would be able to be skipped by pressing a button. (This does not correlate perfectly with the movie script, but neither did the Zukovsky meeting on the Statue level of GE64)

Level 6: CLINIC: In the Cuban clinic, Bond shoots baddies and discovers Jinx for the first time and must protect her. Ends with Bond disabling that camera and entering the part of the clinic with Zao. (similar to when Bond has to defend Natalya in GE64)

Level 7: CLIFF: Bond finds Zao and chases him out of the clinic (while shooting baddies) and to Zao's helicopter. After Zao escapes, Bond and Jinx must locate documents dropped by Zao (regarding the clinic and Gustav Graves) and jump off the cliff. (the jumping is similar to the end of Dam in GE64)

Level 8: PALACE: Bond, upon examining the documents left by Zao and returning to the UK, infiltrates Buckingham Palace and locates Verity. Verity introduces him to Graves and Frost(just like the movie) and Graves challenges him to fencing.

Level 9: HALL: After a short interlude with the "Would you like to continue?" exchanges, Graves and Bond get in the swordfight through the halls. The objective of Bond is to hit Graves once.

Interlude- The MI6 stuff followed by Bond going to Iceland. Quite long and able to be skipped.

Level 10: QUARTERS: Bond enters Graves' living quarters and kills baddies with silenced weapons. Objective is to find and kill Mr. Kil while rescuing Jinx (who just happens to be captured).

Level 11: BALCONY: Protect Jinx, exit Mr. Kil's lab, and locate Graves who is up on a balcony. A brief interlude in the middle has the "Die Another Day" dialogue and exposes Graves as Col. Moon. In an act similar to the end of Train in GE64, Graves escapes and Bond can't do anything about it. Bond exits the living quarters while protecting Jinx and shooting baddies.

Level 12: LAKE: After leaving the quarters, Bond spots Zao driving away and jumps in his car to chase him. In a level similar to Enemies Vanquished on NF, Bond chases Zao and kills him along with other baddies.

Interlude- short and not nearly as painful. Basically to connect the Iceland scenes to the next North Korea scenes.

Level 13: AIRBASE: After arriving in North Korea again, Bond snipes some enemies outside the plane, runs up and kills some more, and then enters the plane. There are a ton of enemies on this level. Jinx watches from behind a chain-link fence.

Level 14: PLANE: Kill lots of baddies in plane until you make your way to a room with Frost. Frost throws knives at Bond pinning him up against a wall, and as soon as it looks bad Jinx enters room and kills Frost. Small interlude after this with Bond thanking Jinx and him setting off toward Graves.

Level 15: COCKPIT: Bond simply walks through 3 rooms killing baddies along the way and then find Graves in the cockpit. Bond has to kill Graves while chasing sort of chasing him (very similar to Cradle in GE64) and at the end its time to face gravity!

Additional Levels (like Aztec and Egyptian!)

Level 16: FACTORY: In a sort of throwback to Licence To Kill, Bond must kill a bunch of baddies along with Dario and then Sanchez at the end. (the structure of the place is kind of like Facility in GE64)

Level 17: PIZ GLORIA: A big shootout with lots of baddies in a tribute to On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Bond rescues Tracy at the end.

Level 18: OLD MINE: Part of A View To A Kill, but MayDay is bad and Bond must kill her and lots of baddies.

Level 19: LABORATORY: The end of Dr. No. Bond must crawl through pipes and locate baddies and then kill Dr. No.

Level 20: SUBMARINE: The sub part of The Spy Who Loved Me. Lots of baddies and one magnificently orchestrated explosion.

Level 21: ISLAND: The end of The Man With The Golden Gun with Bond killing baddies in Scaramanga's lair (protecting Goodnight through some of it) and then getting one good shot at Scaramanga at the end.

Level 22: FACILITY: The old mission from GoldenEye 64 with better graphics.

Level 23: RIO: The part of Moonraker with the parade and lots of people. 007 must kill some baddies in the alleys, enter the warehouse and kill some more, and then kill Jaws.

Level 24: VOLCANO: Blofeld's lair in You Only Live Twice.

Level 25: CLIFFTOP: Bond climbs up the cliff in For Your Eyes Only and then kills baddies and chases enemies down a ski-slope.

Level 26: UNDERWATER: Tribute to Thunderball.

Level 27: TOMORROW: Bond kills lots of baddies in the newspaper factory of Tomorrow Never Dies.

Level 28: RIVER THAMES: The pre-titles from The World Is Not Enough.

Level 29: CAVES: Similar to the end of Live and Let Die with Bond killing baddies in caves and then finishing Kananga.

Level 30: HOTEL: In a tribute to Diamonds Are Forever, Bond goes through a hotel killing baddies as well as Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd.

Level 31: JUNGLE: Tribute to Octopussy.

Level 32: DESERT: Tribute to The Living Daylights. Bond kills baddies in the desert after being locked in a jail cell with Kamran Shah. (Very similar to Bunker in GE64, except different climate).

Level 33: Pick any level from the game From Russia With Love.

Level 34: FORT KNOX: Goldfinger. Bond kills baddies outside the building and then enters and kills Oddjob.

I have all 19 of these tribute levels will be able to have scenery that looks like the movie's. I remember how awesome I thought it was when I was able to the in that weird dark room in Aztec on GE64 when Drax, Bond, and Jaws met in MR!

#10 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

1. Name
Blast From The Past

2. Bond
[mra]Selectable between any of the Bonds (I

#11 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:52 AM

Looks good so far! :tup:

#12 Leiter

Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:43 AM

All I really care about is getting Leiter, Trevelyan, and various other Double O's Deathmatch. I would mind even having levels where you play as Leiter or Trevelyan. Perhaps Alec is deep cover in the organizaion.

#13 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:50 AM

Like Laras Mansion on Tomb Raider why cant there be a free roaming mission at MI6? i for one would love too see this

#14 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:47 PM

Like Laras Mansion on Tomb Raider why cant there be a free roaming mission at MI6? i for one would love too see this

Free roaming would be a nice addition to a new game. "Facility" on GE64 is sort of like that, or at least I treated it that way.

#15 Jericho_One

Jericho_One

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

Free roaming would be a nice addition to a new game. "Facility" on GE64 is sort of like that, or at least I treated it that way.

That would be great. Options of exploring the whole building, paying a visit to the Q section, the armory, etc...

#16 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:49 AM

That would be great. Options of exploring the whole building, paying a visit to the Q section, the armory, etc...

The possibilities... :tup:

#17 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

1. Name - Great British Agent (GBA)
2. Bond -(DC perhaps)
3. Cast & Characters - James Bond, Felix Leiter, M, Moneypenny, Some Oddly named Female characters an Evil Villains + Henchmen
4. Locations (many many many locations all over the globe)
5. Number of Levels (at least 100)

6. Level Objectives and basics
This bond game would feature the face and voice of Daniel Craig and the game would be pretty ambitious, featuring locations from multiple countries all over the globe. The game would feature three or more independent plotlines that would merge at the end of the game and depending of how you've played the game, there would be few different endings.

My idea for the three(or more) seperate plots is this; there are missions that would be plot related and there would be optional missions. As GTA games, this game would have an open ended, free-roaming enviroment for the most parts. But when you would enter in hotspot to start mission, it would still be well written and developed story related mission, yet giving you the change to take your aston martin and give it a spin thru the location you're in or to take a walk in your surroundings.
Spy-sim one could say, or GTA, but with English secret agent. From England; James " Jimbo" Bond.

7. Ending (Few different endings)
8. Cut Scenes
9. Gadgets (the usual, laser watch etc)
10. Vehicles (aston martin, or a vehicle you choose to commandeer)

#18 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:58 AM

I had thought about this when looking at some of the scenes from The Spy Who Loved Me, and I liked the points in games like Resident Evil 4 where you had to tap or continually press a button to complete certain situations. Mix it in with a first-person shooter, and you got my game concept (sorry fans of EON, I'm an FPS nut, and Nightfire was my favorite Bond FPS.)

My concept would go on this, but base it off The Spy Who Loved Me or The Living Daylights. All the situations from the film, with an additional mission or two put in-between, with additional objectives for harder modes (like Goldeneye). Plus some bonus levels if you beat all the levels at a certain skill level, and so on.

In regards to music, use the original music and maybe add a few new cues, but leave it alone. Keep the weapons similar to what you see in the films respectively (That means Bond shouldn't be holding a P99!), and add a few modes that quickly go into third person, like propping yourself against a wall or stuff like that.

And some traditional multiplayer like Nightfire, with a countless number of game modes. Primarily make this console-based, although a PC-based version would be ace as well. Imagine the mod capabilities of that!

#19 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

Even though the classic FPS of GoldenEye has been made, I would kill to see the film being made into a third person game.

All the classic scenes, the tank chase, dam jump, archives, control room and so forth in third person. Have the graphics up to next generation standard, and have it free roam. Imagine the piton belt buckle as a gadget, firing it to crash out of windows. There are thing that havent been touched on. In the tone of FRWL, have chanageable clothing. Getting the cast voices and scanned faces also.There is great potential to free up the viewpoint with this movie.

Placing in Eric Serra's controversial score in the mix also.

This will most likely NEVER happen, but I never give up hope. Activision will most likely distance itself from the GoldenEye name and make its own path. Activision has rights to all the films, so it may.

Your thoughts on a 3rd person GoldenEye game?

Edited by sharpshooter, 14 October 2006 - 01:14 PM.

#20 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

The Richmond Spy, your Die Another Day game would be awesome! It almost makes me wish that they would have adapted that instead of creating Nightfire. :)

#21 Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

I don't quite have the full game (including cutscenes and levels) thought out yet, but I do have some ideas for my dream Bond game.

First, rather then using SPECTRE (which, more or less everybody knows), instead taking the villain organization from the Victory Games James Bond Role-Playing Game - TAROT. The teaser starts out with 007 meeting with an MI6 field agent who claims he has some valuble information on an organization which poses a great threat to the world (or something like that). Unfortunatly, he's killed off before he can tell 007 what he has to know, though he provides Bond with one last little message, that as a contingency he put the documented evidence of what he knew at his dead drop spot, leading to:

Level 1: Race against the assassin to get to the dead drop.

(Cutscene: Bond reaches the dead drop and recieves the documentation - an encrypted flash drive concealed in an antique (looking) pocket watch. Right when Bond retrives this, the assassin shows up, leading to)

Boss Fight: Bond vs. the Assassin. In the course of the fight the assassin will probably have some backup show up, upping the difficulty and forcing bond to take those out as well.

Opening Credits (I don't really have a title yet).

Cutscene: The data on the flash drive is being turned over to A Branch (Analysis) to verify it's authenticity. In the intervening period, Bond has a new assignment - go to Mogidishu, Somalia - with the cover of an arms dealer. His objective is to assassinate the head of the current dominant faction, who has very strong ties with various terrorist organizations. The last thing MI6 wants is to see is Mog (and Somalia in general) become Terrorist Training camp central (like Afganistan and Libya used to be), thus starting the Plot Ball rolling.

Later levels in this "act":
  • Market Ambush: After meeting with a contact in a marketplace, 007 is attacked by thugs hired by another arms dealer, one with ties to TAROT.
  • Surveillance: Stealth mission - Bond has to suveal a mission between the arms dealer and Bond's target.
  • The Hit: Bond (with the support of a local faction leader he's gotten to support him) moves to take out his target.
TAROT's ultimate plot is to complete Project Mjolnir: a plan to put a series of satellites armed with Kinetic weapons in orbit, the services of which are to be sold to the highest bidder (as, much as with SPECTRE, TAROT's plots have the ultimate end to make it money). The plot leads the player to a final showdown at the launch facility for the first Mjolnir platform from a hidden facility in South America, with the second-to-last level calling for Bond to force the launch clamps into the "locked" position, causing the rocket, with all its fuel, to explode inside the base, and in the process Bond squaring off with the head of the Mjolnir project, and his henchman (who I haven't come up with a gimmick for yet). The final level is the escape from the base as the bad guy has activiated the self-destruct system, and Bond has to escape the base with 7 seconds remaining.

I'll try to polish that up some more - I'm planning on using the concept for a scenario (or series of scenarios) for Crafty Games' Spycraft 2.0 RPG.

Addendum: Or, for that matter, I'd just love to see a KOTOR/Jade Empire style James Bond CRPG. Make some of the combat a little less hands-on, but in turn give me a good 20 hours of gameplay. (Just so long as they don't pad that gameplay out with a required blackjack minigame).

Edited by Captain Chaos, 11 November 2006 - 07:58 AM.

#22 Dr. Kananga

Dr. Kananga

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

Live and Let Die/ The Man With The Golden Gun Doubleset

Roger Moore

Roger Moore - James Bond
Christopher Lee - Scaramanga
Yaphet Kotto - Kananga/ Mr. Big
David Hedison - Felix Leiter
Jane Seymour - Solitaire
Julius Harris - Tee Hee
Geoffrey Holder - Baron Samedi
Clifton James - Sheriff J.W. Pepper
Soon-Teck Oh - Lt. Hip
Richard Loo - Hai Fat
Judi Dench - M
Marne Maitland - Lazar
Lois Maxwell - Moneypenny
John Cleese - Q

Anywhere The Movies took place

9 each, 18 total, plus bonus

Operation: Death: Play as either of the three people who get killed and go through their scenario

Edited by Dr. Kananga, 19 December 2006 - 03:38 PM.

#23 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:03 AM

The Richmond Spy, your Die Another Day game would be awesome! It almost makes me wish that they would have adapted that instead of creating Nightfire. :)

Thanks Double-0-Seven! Nightfire has its ups and downs, I like the fact that you can play with all those bots in multiplayer. That Die Another Day game I thought up would be my ideal game. I would play a game like that consistently for years like I did with GoldenEye and as I do now with Halo 2 (although mostly on XBox Live).

Dr. Kananga I like the sound of that LALD/TMWTGG game too.

#24 Dr. Kananga

Dr. Kananga

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:22 PM

Dr. Kananga I like the sound of that LALD/TMWTGG game too.

Thank you.

by the way, heres my diffuculty scale:

Weak
Medium
Diffucult
Hard