This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What exactly is Eva Green filming in the Bahamas?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

So after having read the several script reviews, I'd like to know why Eva Green is shooting in the Bahamas? Doesn't she get to know Bond only in the train to Montenegro? What are the Bahamas doubling for? The Mediterranean Sea in Montenegro/Italy?

What's also pretty cool is that Green reveals in that video that they're indeed going to Venice to shoot the movie :tup:

#2 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

I think Craig said in a recent interview, that the Bahamas are doubling for Madagascar. I haven't read the story spoilers, so I can't answer why Vesper would be in Madagascar.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

I'm guessing it's just some scenes that will double as a beach in the Mediterranean and then from there Bond and Vesper will go to Venice.

#4 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

That definitely seems to be right after Bond's recovery from the torture.

We don't know where it's located, but I'm guessing it's not going to be the Bahamas... some place on the Mediterranean no doubt.

The actual plot in beach scene in the book will probably be moved up to Venice, although there may be a hint of it here that we see. This is more frolicking and making love that Fleming kinda glosses over.

Edited by Fro, 14 March 2006 - 07:01 PM.

#5 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

I think the fact that the flesh-coloured swim suits are being used would suggest that the scenes being filmed are Bond's recuperation after his torture - due to the fact that the nude swimming scene from the book occurs at this point. However, I'm sure that the tight fitting swimming shorts would not be very helpful in terms of the recovery of Bond's manhood following his beating!! Would be most uncomfortable I guess... :tup:

Was it ever confirmed that the Villa del Balbionello would be Bond and Vesper's holiday destination towards the end of the book, or was that just speculation? If so, that would suggest the beaches of the Bahamas would have to tie in with the mountainous location around Lake Como in Italy, if the two locaitons were to go together in the actual film.

#6 Ourobouros

Ourobouros

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:17 PM

Yes, Bond and Vesper are clearly in love in those photos, I can almost hear the sweeping orchestral music. What a shame it all has to end in tears.

"This is 007 speaking. This is an open line. It's an emergency. Can you hear me? Pass this on at once. 3030 was a double, working for Mr White."
"Yes dammit, I said "was". The bitch is dead now"

#7 Niwram

Niwram

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

Saw this post over at DTD

The daily mail has info on the scene with Eva, Bond and her have a row on a boat and he pushes her off but soon comes to her resuce, and takes her to a beach where they make out, the scene is meant to play out as if the couple are naked under the water...

#8 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

I believe she is filming a testimonial of her undying love for me.

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

I believe she is filming a testimonial of her undying love for me.

Lucky!

#10 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:08 AM

I don't really want to search high and low on CBn to see if these have already surfaced here (I'd be surprised if they didn't) but I came across THIS which kind of made me think of the last chapters of the novel.

p.s. It also made me think of Bond and Gala on the beach in "Moonraker".

Edited by Donovan, 22 March 2006 - 09:10 AM.

#11 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

I'm guessing it's just some scenes that will double as a beach in the Mediterranean and then from there Bond and Vesper will go to Venice.

Sounds about right to me. This is post torture when Bond and Vesper are in the hotel by the sea - where their romance will mature (probably filling the same function as the little shots of Bond and Tracy shopping and gallivanting around in OHMSS).