The film will END with...?

19 replies to this topic

#1 dartmouthparkisfab

dartmouthparkisfab

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

How's this for an idea? CR will end with the famous last line - but that will not be the last action. A sniper is trained on Bond - cue a 'real-life' Gun Barrel scenario. Craig takes aim and fires. The assasin dies and the frame morphs to the familiar Gun Barell shot plus the caption 'James Bond will return'. The series is re-booted.

Perhaps the Gun Barell surprise of which Campbell hints?

#2 Romolo

Romolo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

I really like the idea of the gunbarrel being a 'real life scenario', but to have it right at the end of the movie would be messing with it a bit too much.

cheers

#3 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

Moved this to the Spoiler Discussion.

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

I think this would be a great idea.

Prefer it a lot to the idea putting it behind the pretitle as the bullet would be a real "punch".

However, it would be very close to the other punchline ("The bitch is....") and it would contradict Campbell's (?) idea of doing it at an essential place in the movie - for Bond's character essential. This won't be the end for sure - so I guess your idea won't happen but nevertheless I like it a lot.

#5 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

That's a cool idea, and a great way to 're-introduce' the gun barrel sequence!

#6 icecold

icecold

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

Ya know I've liked from the beggining or grown to like almost every aspect of this film EXCEPT them [censored]ing around with the bloody gunbarrel! There's 2 things that I NEVER EVER EVER want changed in a Bond film and that's the Gunbarrel/pretitles and the flashy main titles with a catchy, bond-like tune. I pray every day to the Bond Gods that they will keep it the way it always has been in that respect in the final film.

#7 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

Having a "real life" gunbarrel happening is gimmicky, and furthermore makes no sense at all. Why would a man look down a gunbarrel if he's taking aim at 007? I swear, if there's a "real life" gunbarrel, I might just vomit. It's just too gimmicky for its own good.

I like the idea of having the pre-title sequence in black and white, with a gunbarrel logo occuring after Bond has accomplished his two kills. It just seems to trumpet Bond's arrival in a terrific fashion.

#8 Mr Malcolm

Mr Malcolm

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:20 PM

No, I don't think that would work, sorry. Having Bond say That Line, and then suddenly whipping out his gun and shooting at the camera would spoil the atmosphere of the scene.

I suppose you could maybe have a brief shot from later on, of Bond setting out on his next adventure, a newly hardened 00 agent, but the 'bitch is dead' line should still be the last line of dialogue.

#9 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:09 PM

Simple. Bond 22 'The Bitch is Dead'!. :tup:

#10 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

That final line should be allowed to sink in... then a very classic "James Bond will return in - - - -"... then the final credits...

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:06 AM

I like the idea of having the pre-title sequence in black and white, with a gunbarrel logo occuring after Bond has accomplished his two kills. It just seems to trumpet Bond's arrival in a terrific fashion.

Agreed.

#12 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:51 AM

I'm having trouble visualizing it. I'll have to see it.

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:56 AM

I don't like the idea of it being a real-life situation. The gun barell is just supposed to be something that opens the film, and lets the audience know that it is indeed a Bond film. Having it at the end of the film would not work, IMO.

#14 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:51 AM

That final line should be allowed to sink in... then a very classic "James Bond will return in - - - -"... then the final credits...

:tup:

I'd prefer the gunbarrel at the beginning of the film because I like it as the ONE constant of the series. i.e. the films change and evolve as time goes by, staying innovative and relevent, but always start with the gunbarrel.

But the idea of having it after the B&W pretitle scene interests me. I could see that working well. If the pretitle scene is B&W, then having it after would probably make more sense actually.

But at the end of the film? Nah.

#15 Gabriel

Gabriel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:17 PM

Although the gunbarrel thus far has always been at the start of the film, it was handled differently in both Dr No (which had no pre-title sequence) and OHMSS. Wonder if Bond will be wearing his Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses when he shoots at the gunbarrel . . . :tup:

#16 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

The way I think the gun barrel and PTS will be handeled is like what they did with Dr. No. I think the GB will open the main title sequence like in DN but imagine if they had a B&W PTS in DN that showed how Connery's Bond got his double 0's before the MTS and I think thats what they are planning with CR. So think of the B&W PTS as an easter egg for us fans before they start the movie proper. For the first time since Octopussy we will have a PTS not directly tied to the main plot.

#17 icecold

icecold

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

^^ In some ways those are always the most fun aren't they? I love the ones that are a self contained mini adventure much more than the plot based ones. With a few exceptions of course like TND, GE, TWINE (the bank part, not too fond of the boat chase, anymmore), DAD, OHMSS

#18 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

Didn

#19 Forever007

Forever007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

I agree that seeing the gunbarrel sequence morphed from live footage would be very interesting and innovative. However, would this harm Craig's 1st Bond outing by making him a lesser Bond for being the only one without the trademark gunbarrel at the beginning? Part of me wants something new and part of me wants him to make that statement upfront with a kick :tup: gunbarrel right at the beginning.

Maybe it will be in B/W like the PTS.

#20 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

I think that would ruin the whole point of the ending and the emotion lingering in the air as the credits start to roll.

Having a rather cartoonish gunbarrel wink like that would be completely out of place.