16 replies to this topic

#1 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

Can't seem to find High Time To Kill anywhere! I'm specifically looking for the US Jove paperback edition with the white cover and spine, as I have the other 5 Benson books in that style and I want them to look all nice and neat on the shelf :tup:
Anyone have a spare, or know where to locate a copy? I've looked on half.com and the amazon listings, but I'm not really keen on buying any of those, as the sellers typically just use 'stock photos' and just put 'Good Condition' in the description which could mean anything, really.

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Do you live near any Borders or Barnes & Noble stores? They often have the Benson paperbacks.

#3 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:45 AM

Do you live near any Borders or Barnes & Noble stores? They often have the Benson paperbacks.

Yeah I have tried some of those, the only Benson book I found was DAD. And of course these books are too 'recent' to turn up in used bookstores... :tup:

#4 Leiter

Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:05 AM

I picked my copy up at a used book store. You should try there.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:02 AM

My only other guess would be to stalk eBay for a while.

#6 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:01 AM

I picked my copy up at a used book store. You should try there.

Yeah that's where I've been getting all the Gardner books from. The only Benson I found there was Red Tattoo. Guess I will have to keep an eye on ebay. :tup:

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:30 AM

I was looking around and quite surprised to see for once there were almost all hardcovers of it on eBay and no paperbacks. Its often the other way around!

#8 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:30 AM

Can't seem to find High Time To Kill anywhere! I'm specifically looking for the US Jove paperback edition with the white cover and spine, as I have the other 5 Benson books in that style and I want them to look all nice and neat on the shelf :tup:
Anyone have a spare, or know where to locate a copy? I've looked on half.com and the amazon listings, but I'm not really keen on buying any of those, as the sellers typically just use 'stock photos' and just put 'Good Condition' in the description which could mean anything, really.

Dinovelvet, you're in luck. I had the same exact problem. For months I had every Bond book except Hight Time To Kill. I'll tell you what you should do. Go to Raymond Benson's website (I think it's raymondbenson.com) and email him (not the webmaster). When I did this, he told me he had 2 copies- the US hardcover and the US paperback. I chose the hardcover. He might still have the paperback. You might wanna ask him. By doing this, you'll also get the book signed with no extra charge.

#9 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

You'll find plenty of copies over at Abebooks.

That is where I purchased my copy of COLONEL SUN and was reliable for me. :tup:

#10 BondReader 007

BondReader 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

Don't know if it's alright to say this here, but my store has several in stock, paperback and hardcover, both British an US editions, even a few signed hard cover copies. I am surprised that anyone has trouble finding copies of High Time to Kill. As far as I know, there were more copies of that one printed than any other of Benson's find novels. If I can be of any service, please feel free to email or pm me. I hate to think of anyone missing out on any Bond books!

#11 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

Don't know if it's alright to say this here, but my store has several in stock, paperback and hardcover, both British an US editions, even a few signed hard cover copies. I am surprised that anyone has trouble finding copies of High Time to Kill.

Your website indicates you have 16 books in stock, none of which are Bond books.

#12 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:16 AM

You truly are in luck. I happen to have that very book that you are searching for, I think. http://www.amazon.co...glance&n=283155

If this it, I can save you some money. Just PM me with where in the world you are, and I will send it to you.

#13 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:43 AM

You truly are in luck. I happen to have that very book that you are searching for, I think. http://www.amazon.co...glance&n=283155

If this it, I can save you some money. Just PM me with where in the world you are, and I will send it to you.

I actually got hold of the book quite some time ago. I started this thread in March...for some reason someone decided to resurrect it three months later :tup:

#14 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

I got my hardback copy off Amazon. I actually managed to get mint hardbacks of all the Benson James Bond books on Amazon for less than $20 (and that's including shipping).

#15 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

Oh! :: Smacks forehead:: Doh!

#16 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

Found my copy in a used bookstore, paperback $3.

#17 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

Here's one on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem