4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss this and be able to talk about how certain shots may fit into the film.

Here's where more info can be found: http://debrief.comma...opic=29528&st=0

It looks like most of the shots are from the Madagascar bomber/embassy chase, where do all these troops come in though? Did I miss something in the script review or is this a new addition?

Where do those helicopter shots fit in?

I'm thinking that the scenes with Dench may actually take place in the climax of the film, perhaps it's the remains of the "You're a great machine" conversation that Bond has with Mathius in the novel.

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

I guess I was wrong on those shots with Dench, the new moviefone footage confirms that it is the scene where they discover Solange is dead and give the background on Le Chiffre, which I completely forgot about.

What is the reason that M had to go to the Bahamas anyway? Couldn't she had sent a lower-level employee(Villiers?) to check this out and tell Bond?

#3 stone cold

stone cold

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

I can't figure out when Bond kills the bomber .. whose phone triggers Bond's first mission. Does he kill him at the embassy? Outside the embassy? do the soldiers chase him afterwards..? Or maybe the crane chase is after the embassy sequence? I thought Bond kills him after the chase in a building site.. or maybe he drops his phone or his bag or something.

or am i confused ( been trying to not read script review TOO carefully...)

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:37 AM

I too believe that the helicopter shots are Bond arriving at Dimitrios' villa to meet M after Solange has been discovered dead. From shots that we have seen, it appears that the villa may be Albany House - which was previously mentioned as a shooting location for the film.

It is my understanding that the scenes of Bond emerging from the sea wearing his blue trunks is when he first catches sight of Solange on the beach with her horse. An interesting reversal of the famous Ursulla Andress scene I would say. So I suppose this must be soon after his arrival in The Bahamas - scene 98E to be precise (there is a clapper board at the start of the Sky News video report!)

I also wasn't sure when Bond kills Mallaka bearing in mind that he seems to have captured him in some of the shots we've seen. Perhaps he escapes twice from Bond - and then into the embassy building we've heard about.

#5 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

What I was wondering was who is that guy with what looks like a red neck tie that draws a gun on Bond in what looks like the embassy and then there's a shot of Bond tackling him as he's running away and he's among the troops who get knocked down by the explosion. He's not Mullaka. I wonder if he is the unarmmed embassy employee who Bond kills because I doubt Mullaka is an embassy worker. Also is the explosion we've seen the "one" explosion in the film. Somehow I doubt it.