Thunderball!

8 replies to this topic

#1 m_man23

m_man23

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 11:46 PM

Right now at home I am reading Thunderball. In side the title page there is some writing in which it says: "Sean Connery was almost exactly the same size as Ian Fleming mentensions in his novels!" I thought this was very interresting because it goes on to explain in very great detail about the book and the movie. Not only that, it also gives a short description about each of the actors and actresses in the movie! On page 56-57 in this book it talks about what cigar Connery smoked in the movie in comparsion to the one Bond smokes in the novel. Do you think that a total Connery lover did that? Or do you think that it was written in the 80's because one more thing is in it that is very strange. It talks about "Never Say Never Again" in perfect detail. Accident or quidence? You decide!

M!

#2 m_man23

m_man23

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 04:24 AM

I am serious that this is all in it because the book is sitting right next to me! I did mean cigarette though. Anyway, BC, if this is really your book than what is the inscription in it? What year was it printed? I think that this book belonged to somebody who greatly loved bond and then they lost a library book because I checked this one out from the library! ?'s, comments?

M!

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 23 May 2002 - 04:20 AM

My God!

Is that where my book got to!?

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 24 May 2002 - 05:27 AM

m_man23 (24 May, 2002 05:24 a.m.):
I think that this book belonged to somebody who greatly loved bond and then they lost a library book because I checked this one out from the library! ?'s, comments?

M!

Maybe it was part of a collection of books donated to the library by some person of note.

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 04:53 AM

Is that seriously your book, BC?

That's crazy! :)

#6 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 12:58 AM

Do you mean that somebody WROTE these comments on the pages and inside the cover? Hmmmm. . .sounds like a dedicated Bond fan was at work--either that or somebody who was planning to write a book on the novels and films. Who knows--maybe it belonged to some famous scholar. Enjoy the comments--they may enhance your reading pleasure.

#7 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 01:52 PM

WoW!
What are the odds of that?!

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 12:53 AM

Ah, guys? That was a joke.

Just exploring the possibilities of a "small world."

#9 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 02:33 AM

Do you mean cigarette rather than cigar? Or are you referring to Largo rather than Bond?

Sounds like an interesting dust-jacket.