This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bond comic strips, let's bring them back!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Bloch

Nigel Bloch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 01:41 AM

I have an idea, why don't we all write a big petition to the Daily Express, International Express, Raymond Benson, EON, MGM,and the Ian Fleming Foundation. It would be great to have the comic strips back again. Blue Eyes, Scaramanga, Blofeld's Cat, Evil Doctor, and everyone else try to start one.

Blue Eyes, it would probably best if u start on on the main page and link it to this post! :-)

We gotta give it a try. Just send it to all the people and places I listed, maybe more. If enough people do it I think we'll be in with a chance. Just leave your 'real' name, address, phone number and e-mail in this post. When we get enough I will print out all of it and send it out.

#2 MicroGlobe One

MicroGlobe One

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 11:35 PM

Although I'm not sure a petition is the best way to go about getting it done (it seems the petition is the internet fan's answer for all problems these days), I'd certainly love to see the Bond comic strips collected into a trade paperback of some kind. Unforunately, I don't think this will happen as I've heard the strips are still being syndicated in certain papers elsewhere in the world.

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 11:52 PM

I'd go for it!
A petition only works if you advertise it around a lot. If you see in my sig, I have advertised this petition since 6th April on this site and it has had 14 signatures added since. Whether this is coincidence or people from CBN signing it (I know that at least 3 are) remains to be seen. I hope that all the big members will get around to signing it.

getting back to the topic; the comic strips are great and they certainly should release new 21st Century adventures. I'd definitely sign it.
I suggest Petition Online as the best resource. Then just contact every single Bond site you can and get them to add it's link to their main page. It worked for this HalloweeN petition (Would you mind signing it? Cheers) and it is certainly increasing.

Go for it!!!
/ / / /