2 replies to this topic

#1 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 10:07 PM

Could anyone take the time to give me a detailed summary of the plot of this comic (regardless of whether or not Parts 1 and 2 don't mix with Part 3). I'm just interested.

#2 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 06:47 AM

This is quoted from The James Bond Files, by Andy Lane & Paul Simpson:

SPOILER

"Eric Wiziadio, a rocket scientist refugee from behind the Iron Curtain, is offering Britain his new technology if his niece, Edaine, is rescued from Hungary. Bond is assigned to the task, and uses a tribe of gypsies, including Kerim Bey's daughter, Luludi, to attack the convoy on which she is being transported. Getting Edaine across the border into Austria, Bond takes her to Idaho, where Wiziadio has an underground complex.

"Through a combination of oxygen and methane, Wiziadio has created a new form of rocket propulsion - but plans to use it to cause a nuclear explosion in Victoria, British Columbia, which will persuade governments not to use nuclear weapons any more. Edaine, who is merely Wiziado's student, knows that the scientist will be pilloried for this and arranges for his lair to explode after he has launched the rocket, which Bond has already sabotaged. Bond and a local hunting guide, Mary Carver, escape."

Hope that helped.

#3 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 07:53 AM

I'm not going to add anything here, except that the point at which the above synopsis has been cleft in twain is entirely appropriate.