This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Which movies have been adapted into comic books?

2 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 06:12 PM

I'm not an expert here, but as far as I know the following Bond films have been adapted into comics or graphic novels.

DR. NO (one part comic book.)
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY (Released as a two part comic book, also in magazine form, and as a paperback.)
OCTOPUSSY (Magazine form. Also issued in Norway as a magazine but with different artwork.)
A VIEW TO A KILL (released in Norway in magazine form.)
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS (released in Norway in magazine form.)
LICENCE TO KILL (Soft and hardcover trade magazine form.)
GOLDENEYE (3 part comic size -- only part one was ever released.)

And as far as I know, that's it.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 10:25 PM

Why is it that these days the comic books don't sell? I for one would buy them. They only released 1 GoldenEye and probably never considered the TND and TWINE ones. It's a shame.

#3 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 October 2001 - 12:55 AM

Blue Eyes (18 Oct, 2001 11:25 p.m.):
Why is it that these days the comic books don't sell? I for one would buy them. They only released 1 GoldenEye and probably never considered the TND and TWINE ones. It's a shame.

Hopefully, but probably unlikely, there will be a "special adapation" of the twentieth movie.

I sent an e-mail to Darkhorse comics (who did a few original stories) once, asking why they stopped producing the comics, if they ever will make more. When they replied they said that their contract with Glidrose ran out and the comics weren't selling enough to renew their contract and to keep producing them. They said that it is possible but unlikely that they'll make more in the future.