18 replies to this topic

#1 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:29 AM

Can anyone give me a complete list of all the Bond video games (including all the old ones like Live and Let Die)?

#2 00GoldenEye

00GoldenEye

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:51 AM

Scroll towards the bottom, and you should the List
Click here, for your answer!! :tup:

#3 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:47 AM

Boy, you really the Wikipedia there 00 Goldeneye

#4 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:53 PM

Thanks, 00GoldenEye. I thought there was one called You Only Live Twice II. Why isn't that on the list? Am I just making that one up?

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

You Only Live Twice II was a Role Playing game not a video game. Interestingly it was penned by Raymond Benson who then went on to use much of the material in his novels.

#6 The Robber

The Robber

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:22 AM

All of the old DOS and Commodore 64 bond games can be downloaded from the internet straight to your pc for free. You will need to download a commodore 64 emulater first which allows you to play the games, which is also free. If you need help finding these games let me know......

#7 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:53 AM

All of the old DOS and Commodore 64 bond games can be downloaded from the internet straight to your pc for free. You will need to download a commodore 64 emulater first which allows you to play the games, which is also free. If you need help finding these games let me know......

I'd love to play these games on my pc!! Where do I find these games and the commodore 64 emulator?

#8 00GoldenEye

00GoldenEye

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

I'd love to play these games on my pc!! Where do I find these games and the commodore 64 emulator?

Can you tell me? I would like to Licence to Kill again.

#9 The Robber

The Robber

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:58 AM

License to Kill is probably my favorite of the bunch. You can either do a seach for commodore 64 emulator or go to http://www.download-full-games.com/ which is where I downloaded my emulator. You can also get the instructions on how to work the emulator and load games into it, configure keyboard, etc.....

Now this site has free games, but they will want to make you take a bunch of surveys to get them, so just download the WINvice emulator under commodore 64 and run...

For all the old james Bond games I went to http://213.73.167.36/abc.asp? and click on "Blast from the Past" . You can do a search for all of the bond titles and download them to your pc. Everything you download including the emulator will come as a zip file, so you will have to unzip them and save them to your pc.

Once you have your emulator up and configured you can load your game into it.
Let me know if you run into problems or have questions.

#10 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:46 AM

Scroll towards the bottom, and you should the List
Click here, for your answer!! :tup:

Is the list not incomplete? Wasn't there was an Octopussy game from Parker Brothers for Atari in 1983?

#11 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

License to Kill is probably my favorite of the bunch. You can either do a seach for commodore 64 emulator or go to http://www.download-full-games.com/ which is where I downloaded my emulator. You can also get the instructions on how to work the emulator and load games into it, configure keyboard, etc.....

Now this site has free games, but they will want to make you take a bunch of surveys to get them, so just download the WINvice emulator under commodore 64 and run...

For all the old james Bond games I went to http://213.73.167.36/abc.asp? and click on "Blast from the Past" . You can do a search for all of the bond titles and download them to your pc. Everything you download including the emulator will come as a zip file, so you will have to unzip them and save them to your pc.

Once you have your emulator up and configured you can load your game into it.
Let me know if you run into problems or have questions.

I'm running into problems. I can't figure out how to put the game where I want it and open it. Where do I save the game to? Then, how do I finally play it?

#12 The Robber

The Robber

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:04 AM

Just click on this link and follow the instructions. http://www.download-...ames_manual.php

#13 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:21 AM

If you search the following link you should be able to find a good selection of self-emulating early Bond games among others: http://www.game-oldies.com/?m=list.

ACE, the OCTOPUSSY game was never released -- just an advertisement was made. It may may have been released as a non-Bond game though at some point. I don't know for sure though.

#14 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Macca007.
Do you have any source for the fact it was advertised but never released?
Where did you find this out?

Ta v much, tho

#15 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:42 AM

Thanks Macca007.
Do you have any source for the fact it was advertised but never released?
Where did you find this out?

Ta v much, tho

I read about it quite awhile ago -- I don't remember where. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

I do know that if you look for the game, you'll never find it. I think the advertisement showed up in some sort of film magazine or maybe even with the Bond RPGs circa 1983.

#16 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

OK, Macca007. Ta v much, again, as usual!

The advert ran in the Starlog Octopussy special. Seems odd that such a high profile advert by a big company did not make it out there.

Anyone know why? And can they source their answer?

#17 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Rumors about possible retailer backlash against the name have come up before.

It wasn't just advertised in the Starlog mag - it also appeared on the back of a large number of comic books from the time.

One of the factors too is 1983 was the beginning of the video game market tumble - but still it is shocking that something so heavily promoted was never released.

Screenshots exist for both the 2600 & Intellivision Octopussy games - but people still argue whether they are true screen shots or mock ups.

http://www.digitpres...26jamesbond.htm

#18 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:56 AM

Anyone else here played James Bond The Duel? I had the Genesis version and really, really liked it. I got it the same day I rented Moonraker. I was about 4 or 5, and it was all downhill from there.

#19 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

Rumors about possible retailer backlash against the name have come up before.

It wasn't just advertised in the Starlog mag - it also appeared on the back of a large number of comic books from the time.

One of the factors too is 1983 was the beginning of the video game market tumble - but still it is shocking that something so heavily promoted was never released.

Screenshots exist for both the 2600 & Intellivision Octopussy games - but people still argue whether they are true screen shots or mock ups.

http://www.digitpres...26jamesbond.htm

Thanks DNS!