Goldeneye 007

23 replies to this topic

#1 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:44 AM

I think this game should be redone, for the 'big three,' but with enhanced graphics, obviously, Voice acting, slightly different objectives, and know that we've had really good driving missions... maybe give Xenia a little better of an entrance into the game, because that was just awkward.

Also, in many Bond games, there was a secondary option with the weapons. THAT is something I'd have really enjoyed in Goldeneye. Because there were sometimes that I didn't want a silencer on my Pp7 when I had one, and vice versa. Also, the KF7 Soviet looked like a dang pencil.

But there were so many other things that would make this game the S-word, if you know what I mean.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Taking guards hostage would be nice.... and punching instead of slapping.

The multiplayer couldn't have been better. Except the part about if you strafe while you're unarmed, you'll hold your arm out like you've got a gun anyway....

Oh, and did I mention The Citadel?

#2 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:12 AM

It's a good game, but I don't really want it remade. There are so many things they could do with the IP right now that it'd be a waste of time to remake it. We already got GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (which is kind of similar in play), GoldenEye: Source, and all indications (given away during an official survey) that GoldenEye 007 will be a game that can be purchased on the Nintendo Revolution (with possible upgrades and new features - such as perhaps online play).

I think we're done with GoldenEye. Seriously.

#3 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

A remake would be cool, but I doubt it will happen.

#4 00GoldenEye

00GoldenEye

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:21 AM

GoldenEye007 is fine how it is, a classic game from the 64-bit Era, but redoing the game....NO!!. Plus, Goldeneye would be hard to remake, It's Rights to The Game are Spilt in 3: Rare has The Rights to The game , Nintendo owns The Publishing Rights, and EA owns the 007 Licence, it's really a big mess, and EA (Nor any other game producing company) wouldn't near that mess, The only Remake will be on the Nintendo Revolution as it was in The Nintendo 64.

#5 kapayton1

kapayton1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:35 AM

I think it should be remade. The levels should be EXAACLTY the same, except a graphics update. It should have a game enigne as smooth as Everything Or Nothing. The characters would be voiced by the real actors, and the music would be remixed. And multiplayer should be expaned and the Citadel as an arena. Unfortunately, Ea did a spin off of GoldenEye in the for of GoldenEye Rogue Agent, plus they could never get the rights to the original from Rare

Edited by kapayton1, 20 March 2006 - 07:36 AM.

#6 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:49 AM

A remake would be cool, but I doubt it will happen.

www.goldeneyesource.com :tup:.

Multiplayer only at the moment (and only in Alpha) but very cool.

Edited by Fro, 26 March 2006 - 09:50 AM.

#7 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

If I may ask, what is everybody's deal with GRA? Nearly everyone that ever posts here blasts it just because "ooh, they kill off James Bond." What is the big deal? Please, no one take offense,I am just curious. Personally, it and Agent Under Fire are my two favorite newer 007 games

#8 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

If I may ask, what is everybody's deal with GRA? Nearly everyone that ever posts here blasts it just because "ooh, they kill off James Bond." What is the big deal? Please, no one take offense,I am just curious. Personally, it and Agent Under Fire are my two favorite newer 007 games

[mra]I blast it because I wanted a James Bond game. And they give me this

#9 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:18 AM

and, as I said, I was merely curious.

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:26 AM

Kind of ties in: Revolution GoldenEye Console Denied.

#11 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

Nice tie in, Qwerty

#12 secret_007

secret_007

Discharged

• Discharged
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

It should be redone but not with EA

#13 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:09 AM

Why not EA, secret?

#14 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:48 AM

Perhaps because of the general disappointment to GoldenEye: Rogue Agent?

#15 secret_007

secret_007

Discharged

• Discharged
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:32 PM

Thats the reason why it shouldnt be redone with them. If Rare had the chance to remake it then it prob would of been one the best games ever made.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

Thats the reason why it shouldnt be redone with them. If Rare had the chance to remake it then it prob would of been one the best games ever made.

Maybe. I'm just not so sure now, because Eon & Co. would most likely take a much more active role with its development (as they did with the other games when GoldenEye 64 seemed nothing more than Bond running around with a gun).

#17 secret_007

secret_007

Discharged

• Discharged
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

Maybe. I'm just not so sure now, because Eon & Co. would most likely take a much more active role with its development (as they did with the other games when GoldenEye 64 seemed nothing more than Bond running around with a gun).

In Goldeneye Bond used a tank.

#18 ThunderhearT

ThunderhearT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:40 AM

aww come on! i love this game... count a its the only one i own :tup:

but....i have conquered all levels of difficulty except I cant pass the darn egyptian level.....grrr....i defeat baron simide(sp sry) but i cant get the golden gun...anybody know how? :D

#19 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

There are certain tiles in the room that contains the Golden Gun that you cannot step on. Also, it's Samedi, but we won't flog you this time :tup: "Call it professional courtesy" If you still can't get it, Gamefaqs.com has a section in the N64 section that has a map of the room. Hope that helps. Also, concerning Rare remaking Goldeneye, I don't think Rare should be allowed to remake any of their library exclusively for Microsoft. That was one of my main gripes concerning the new Perfect Dark. Then again, thats just me.

#20 ThunderhearT

ThunderhearT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:28 PM

Thanks so much! Lets see if I can win it real quick :tup:
lol sorry about the mispelling Samedi, Baron. Lol thanks again

#21 00GoldenEye

00GoldenEye

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:08 AM

Also, concerning Rare remaking Goldeneye, I don't think Rare should be allowed to remake any of their library exclusively for Microsoft. That was one of my main gripes concerning the new Perfect Dark. Then again, thats just me.

I'm With you there, "If" Rare makes GoldenEye007, it will be for Microsoft, in final terms, just Xbox? I don't think so. Every Consle or nothing at all, or better, yet, leave it alone!

#22 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:43 AM

I completely agree with those sentiments, there Goldeneye. And as I said Thunder, we'll skip the flogging. Come on, we all make mistakes, even those from Texas.

#23 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

Most of the key team members who made "Goldeneye" for Rare are gone... they went and formed two companies called "Free Radical" (who's made the Timesplitters series of games) and "Zoonami".

#24 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

I don't know if the game should be re-made, but Rare certainly deserve to get the Bond license back. Nothing made by EA has come close IMO.