#1 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:32 AM

The Latino Review report says...

"Next we are in a jungle camp in Gulu, Uganda and meet STEVEN OBANNO, feared leader of the Lord's Resistance army."

This sounds similar to what was described as the character Solari in the IGN report...

"The role of Solari is being described as a commander in the Sudanese rebel army between 40 and 50 years old. "

Could it be that it's the same character and they've changed the name and country?

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:25 AM

You know, you may be right about that Andrew. Plus I don't believe the actor playing Solari was officially announced, was it?

#3 Stax

Stax

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:42 AM

yeah, same guy. but the rooftop chase is between Bond and the bomber he gets caught on tape shooting.

#4 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

You know, you may be right about that Andrew. Plus I don't believe the actor playing Solari was officially announced, was it?

I was wondering the same thing. I bet Solari/ Sudan was changed to Obanno/ Uganda. Also, it was reported a while ago that Seydina Balde was cast as Solair, but now that might change. It wasn't good casting to begin with.

#5 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

And the name was rubbish. Solari? Rubbish.

#6 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

Yeah. It was probably from the P&W version and was a reuse of the name Solaris from DAD that became icarus. I guess they used it as a placeholder like how I think Carter will become Lieter.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

Yeah. It was probably from the P&W version and was a reuse of the name Solaris from DAD that became icarus.

Yeah; most likely.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:06 AM

Probably their attempt to wedge it in somewhere. :tup:

They had Solaris as Graves' satelite until it was changed to Icarus because of the remake of the Russian movie Solaris due to be released around the same time.

#9 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

Yeah. It was probably from the P&W version and was a reuse of the name Solaris from DAD that became icarus. I guess they used it as a placeholder like how I think Carter will become Lieter.

Carter to Leiter? I'm not to sure about that. It seams much to early for Leiter to appeare in the film, right after the main title. He'll probably come in around the time Vesper does, near the beginning of act two.