4 replies to this topic

#1 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 09:26 PM

TWINE will premier on UK terrestrial television on ITV - Wednesday 14th November at 8:40pm.

It will be interrupted by the news, weather, countless commercials... Just go rent the video/dvd if you don't already own it - that way it won't be cut to shreds!

=J

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 10:40 PM

Wow - ITV have commited to Bond and delayed the news by an hour so we got it all in one go! But look at the run time - at least 25 minutes of the slot are ads!

I didn't watch it though (as I have the DVD and watched it in the digital theatre at my work the other week =). Did anyone spot any cuts?

P.S. The BBC couldn't ruin a Bond movie because they can never afford them in the first place!!! I think ITV have got the Bond back catalogue for quite a few years to come.

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 10:54 AM

The BBC rules!!! They wouldn't do it to the Bond films. I heard the other day some really bad news! CH4 has been given the rights to broadcast the new Star Trek Series "Enterprise" - that'll have aderverts etc in it whereas the BBC never do. That's just a kind of an example of how good the BBC is!

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 02:03 AM

Thanks for the news James, I just posted it on the main page.

#5 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, I hate it when they will a film full of advert breaks. It ruins the viewing experience. I mean, come on, how many cups of tea or trips to the toilet do you really need in the space of 2 and a half hours?