#1 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 02:29 AM

Alright, here're the facts I know so far about what is a mystery to me:

1. Benson wrote: Blast from the Past about Bond killing Irma Bunt after Bond's son (!) sends him a letter.

2. James Bond has sex with pretty much any major female character.

3. James Bond had sex with Kissy Suzuki while he thought he was a Japanese fisherman, he then left to Vladivostok.

4. One has come to expect no consequences from Bond's liasons with women.

But I don't remember Fleming writing about Kissy having a son or anything. So can someone clear this up by either saying Benson just made it all up, or by quoting a part of You Only Live Twice that refers to 'Junior'.

This--like The Authorised Biography of James Bond--is very disturbing.

#2 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 10:03 PM

Xenobia (29 Apr, 2002 07:58 p.m.):
Evidently....at the end of Fleming's novel, YOLT it is clear that Bond had amnesia, lived with a girl in Japan, got her pregnant, got his memory back, left her, and the woman decided not to tell James. She didn't want to trap him.

Sort of. At the end of YOLT Bond thought that he was Japanese fisherman and he left for Russia just after Kissy learned she was pregnent and was thinking of the best time to tell him. He left before she got the chance.

I'm disapointed that Gardner never did anything with this when he carried on the series.

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 12:52 AM

Well, to satisfy my hunger for normalcy in Bond's already-quite-screwed-up life, I'll believe that Kissy had a miscarriage. Or she wasn't actually pregnant with Bond's child--she cheated on Bond with Tiger! ^_^

Ahh, back to normal.

#4 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:14 PM

In fact it is not the good question.
I mean, Bond got children, but how many ? Bond slept with so many women that i am sure he have at least five children !

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 11:15 AM

Yes you're right. The Authorized Bio is disturbing. I've started reading it and I must say I'm wondering what Pearson was on. I'm reading some parts and thinking that this isn't my James Bond. Not the one I imagined. I'll leave that all for another thread, another time.

But yes Bond has a son. James Suzuki. Not having read it, but knowing my Bond lore, in You Only Live Twice (I think it's that novel anyway) Fleming tells us that Bond leaves and Kissy is pregnent, but she never tells him.

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 06:58 PM

Welcome General to one of the more confusing aspects of the Bond world.

Evidently....at the end of Fleming's novel, YOLT it is clear that Bond had amnesia, lived with a girl in Japan, got her pregnant, got his memory back, left her, and the woman decided not to tell James. She didn't want to trap him.

In the Authorized Biography (which his disturbing for many, many reasons) James Bond knows he has a son, and is a semi active parent....visits the child in Japan, has the boy back to England, has him registered to attend Eton, things like that.

Evidently, (as I understand it) when Benson wrote his short story, he igonored the Authorized Bio, and went with his own idea...that Bond *did not* know until his son was dead -- or almost dead.

The Cinematic Bond makes absolutely no reference, repeat, no reference to any of this. It is as if Bond has been one lucky man....never a disease or a child.

And that my friend, is the most unbelievable aspect of Bond.