10 replies to this topic

#1 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:21 PM

As I expected The World is Not Enough will be shown on ITV soon. It was advertised at the end of TND, which has just ended.

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 November 2001 - 04:37 AM

I would love a "heads up" when TWINE makes its U.S. TV network premiere. I try and collect all the first-time TV ads from TV Guide (I've got 'em going back to DAF), but it sometimes sneaks up on me. Thanks.

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:28 PM

So when will it be on?

"Coming Soon"?

#4 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:32 PM

....but since it will be on ITV, and the current trend for the last two Bond flicks has been to break it up, we will no doubt have eight advertising breaks, the news, a gardening programme and a public information film thrown in, just for filler in detail - and the film will still last two and a quater hours.

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:33 PM

....but since it will be on ITV, and the current trend for the last two Bond flicks has been to break it up, we will no doubt have eight advertising breaks, the news, a gardening programme and a public information film thrown in, just for filler in detail - and the film will still last two and a quarter hours.

#6 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:37 PM

Simon (29 Oct, 2001 11:33 p.m.):
....but since it will be on ITV, and the current trend for the last two Bond flicks has been to break it up, we will no doubt have eight advertising breaks, the news, a gardening programme and a public information film thrown in, just for filler in detail - and the film will still last two and a quarter hours.

I reckoin they will be saving it for their Xmas line up... But I know what you mean, GoldenEye took 3 and a half hours to get through! c-r-a-z-y

Which makes me glad I've got a DVD player, nice big TV, dolby 5.1 set-up and the 007 SE series =)

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 12:30 AM

Dont' forget to let me know when we find out broadcasting details so I can post the news on the main page :)

#8 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 07:55 PM

James Page (29 Oct, 2001 11:37 p.m.):
Which makes me glad I've got a DVD player, nice big TV, dolby 5.1 set-up and the 007 SE series =)

Me too James. I don't know what I do without them

#9 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 01:25 PM

ITV is ideal for all those who want their Bond films to be longer.

That you get a surreal few minutes of local news about roadbuilding and cats being stuck up trees and visits to primary schools by minor royals, is the price you pay.

If (by any miracle) Bond 20 is a longer film (if by any miracle, it ever gets made), when ITV get around to showing it, it'll go on all night.

Although, fair do's to them, they do have a habit of cutting the Bond films rather viciously. With luck, they'll cut the last quarter hour of TWINE, the wet T shirt competition and just end it with Elektra's death. We'll also miss the Christmas puns and Cleese's up to the minute "joke" about the Millennium Bug (my, that joke has aged well). That's not censorship; it's good taste.

#10 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 03:43 PM

My plans for the evening are to sit down with a nice cuppa. Put my feet up. Put in my video of TWINE watch it from start to finish then turn on ITV and laugh at the fact that by the time I've finished wathcing it on video TV viewers will have just got past the titles sequence!

And they take the adverts in the most bizarre places!! Bond films don't fare well on this front. They think they can stick a Toilet Duck advert just after the titles and think we'll be arsed to stay interested!

I'd like to see what they do with the twenty minute teaser sequence! That'll surely be edited down like mad.

#11 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 07:12 PM

So now that we've all had a whine about the vagaries of UK film transmissions on commercial TV, I remember when I was in the States, I tuned into LALD on ABC or NBC or, well, one of the -BC's.

The boat chase lasts for roughly 8 minutes. There was an ad break at the beginning, one in the middle and yup, one at the end.

Feeling better about ITV now??