4 replies to this topic

#1 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 07:55 PM

E! and Premier and all of these foreign countries entertainment programmes seem to be getting all the scoops! But where is all the Bond news and footage in Bond's home... the United Kingdom? I know Film 2002 isn't on at the moment and they usually have footage but why doesn't the UK get any Bond footage. I was shocked to see the trailer on RI:SE and Channel 5 news. I'm just complaining but I wondered if anyone else was a bit annoyed by this in the UK.

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 09:29 PM

Heh, now you know what it's like to live in Winnipeg!

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:30 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (01 Jun, 2002 08:55 p.m.):
E! and Premier and all of these foreign countries entertainment programmes seem to be getting all the scoops! But where is all the Bond news and footage in Bond's home... the United Kingdom? I know Film 2002 isn't on at the moment and they usually have footage but why doesn't the UK get any Bond footage. I was shocked to see the trailer on RI:SE and Channel 5 news. I'm just complaining but I wondered if anyone else was a bit annoyed by this in the UK.

The UK promotion of the film sucks!
There's next to nothing on TV about it.
I'm extremely dissapointed as half of the nets footage is extremely poor quality.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:31 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (01 Jun, 2002 08:55 p.m.):

The UK promotion of the film sucks!
There's next to nothing on TV about it.
I'm extremely dissapointed as half of the nets footage is extremely poor quality.

#5 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 02:27 PM

I know. I mean RI:SE and Channel 5 news are lucky to scrape 500,000 viewers. They'd be better putting the news on some remote cable channel!! Granted there isn't any major prime time entertainment/gossip based programme but still surely Bond can get onto some other programmes. I reckon we'll gave to wait until September at the earliest to get anything anywhere near coverage and then that'll be on chat shows. I don't know... it's a pain in the :). I'll tell you what they should do... put Film 2002 on prime time all year round. Everyone goes to the movies... far more people do that as a past-time than cooking, DIY and Antiques but still the BBC remain abstinant in keeping their flagship Film show on the graveyard shift. They don't know what they're doing.