This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bond cars extravaganza - a preview of next weekend's Beemer bonanza!

4 replies to this topic

#1 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 03:24 PM

On June 8th & 9th 2002, the much anticipated ChromeFinger II event will pick
up from where the 2001 extravangza left off - and beyond!

Deep in the New Forest national park, Hampshire, England, BMW Z3's from across the country will be gathering to take part in the most exclusive tour through terrain that would have 007 smiling, and Q wincing.

David G. Miles, chief organiser, told MI6:
"Those who attended the 2001 mission will know what a dangerous and taxing time this was for the agents who participated."

Nearby Beaulieu; who hosted the James Bond Car Exhibition in 2001; now play host to the James Bond Boats exhibition and will be expecting a calvacade of Bond cars from ChromeFinger II to arrive at the palace later in the weekend's events.

[/size]

#2 Andy

Andy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 03:29 PM

It's looking amazing James! I can't believe you get to race round in one... Lucky You :)

Which colour of Z3 do you like most? The Bond Silver or maybe the Jazzy Red...

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 03:32 PM

If I was buying one, or deciding which one to steal :-P , I'd probably go for the silver as featured in TWINE. Not just because it's a Bond colour, but I think it brings out the cars lines the best.

Not that I wouldn't turn down any of the others though! :)

I'm really looking forward to this. David Miles has done a spectacular job in organising it so well.

Hopefully have some great pictures next week.

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 10:06 PM

Is it just Z8s, or all Bond cars?

And by the way, has anyone else noticed that in the books, Bond liked dull 'battleship-grey' paint for his cars, but in the films he always gets shiny-grey (silver)? Personally I like shiny cars, but I wish they'd not make little differences like that. :)

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 02:47 AM

The recipe for ChromeFinger II is as follows:
A generous helping of BMW Z3 roadsters with a sprinking of Z3 coupe's. Whisk lightly and slowly add water hazards, blind corners and off-road terrain. Put in the oven at gas mark 6 and leave for 2 days. Best served hot.