This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

How do you think Craig will look in Navy Uniform?

30 replies to this topic

#1 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

If Craig eventually wears the naval uniform (like Connery, Moore and Brosnan before him), how do you think he'd look? Would he appear convincing as a naval officer, or would he simply look like he's in fancy dress?

#2 Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:59 PM

Can't tell. Is there someone around with fotoshop skills? :tup:

#3 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

Here you go. :tup:

Posted Image

#4 Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

Nice, Royal Dalton. With a bit of a Connery-style haircut, even. No, I don't think Craig will look out of his depth in a naval uniform.

Edited by Lounge Lizard, 29 January 2006 - 09:11 PM.

#5 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

Here you go. :tup:

Posted Image

View Post

Awesome, I think he'd even look better than Brosnan if he chose to wear the uniform, given how he looks in this photo.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

I think he'll look fine in the uniform. No worrying from me.

#7 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Here you go. :D

Posted Image

View Post

nice work there man. :tup:

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

I still really hope that he wears it in the gunbarrel.

If there is one :tup:

#9 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:33 AM

View Post

He might not, even if there is a gunbarrel, given the film's origin for him.

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:49 AM

View Post

View Post

/spoiler.gif

Well I take it that he'll still be in the navy, he just went into the SAS instead of SBS afterwards.
/gen_line.gif

Edited by Andrew, 30 January 2006 - 05:57 AM.

#11 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:13 AM

View Post

View Post

/spoiler.gif

Well I take it that he'll still be in the navy, he just went into the SAS instead of SBS afterwards.
/gen_line.gif

View Post

Firstly, that's a spoiler on a non-spoiler board, and secondly, we're still pretty unsure of whether EON's doing that or not.

#12 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:35 AM

Firstly, that's a spoiler on a non-spoiler board, and secondly, we're still pretty unsure of whether EON's doing that or not.

View Post

I apologize. I'll go ahead and edit it.

Edited by Andrew, 30 January 2006 - 05:35 AM.

#13 JameswpBond

JameswpBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

He looks cool!

#14 Tinfinger

Tinfinger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:30 AM

Well, to quote him when he stepped out of that boat at the press conference...scared :tup: less.

#15 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:59 AM

Will we actually see him in a naval uniform if he's coming out of the SAS?

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see the 'origin' of the gunbarrel in this one. Could be too good a story not to tell :tup:

#16 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:06 PM

How do I think he will look in a sailor's uniform?

Dishy.

#17 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

Will we actually see him in a naval uniform if he's coming out of the SAS?

View Post

Tricky one- but then should he have ever worn the uniform in the movies at all? He's not in the Navy anymore, so as to whether he should get to wear the outfit.. not sure. One thing is, though- he's got the wrong uniform on according to Fleming: an RNVR officer should have wavy bands on his cuffs.

#18 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

They've rewritten Bond's biography a couple of times. Fleming's was in World War II, which would make him about 80 today. I think it was John Gardner who made Bond's cover that he was still in the Navy, although Gardner promoted him from Fleming's Commander to Captain, with the code name Predator. I always pictured Fleming's Bond as somewhat militaristic, with a highly disciplined technique for fighting, although not necessarily by Queensberry rules. Connery came close to being a brawler, and Moore a kick-boxer. This picture of Craig in uniform comes extremely close to how I pictured Bond all these years.

#19 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:50 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see the 'origin' of the gunbarrel in this one. Could be too good a story not to tell :tup:

View Post

I don't know if you're just joking.. but I hope they wouldn't do that....

we don't need to have every facet of the film Bond explained...

#20 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:11 AM

If they get him cleaned up (he sure does like looking scruffy), he could easily look better than all his predecessors.

Too bad Laz and Tim never got the chance to compete in that regard.

#21 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

They've rewritten Bond's biography a couple of times.  Fleming's was in World War II, which would make him about 80 today.  I think it was John Gardner who made Bond's cover that he was still in the Navy, although Gardner promoted him from Fleming's Commander to Captain, with the code name Predator.  I always pictured Fleming's Bond as somewhat militaristic, with a highly disciplined technique for fighting, although not necessarily by Queensberry rules.  Connery came close to being a brawler, and Moore a kick-boxer.

View Post

Moore a kickboxer? Never heard that one before! :tup:

Gardner emphasised Bond's naval background a lot more than Fleming - unsurprisingly, because he was a Royal Marine Commando himself.

#22 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

View Post

I don't know if you're just joking.. but I hope they wouldn't do that....

we don't need to have every facet of the film Bond explained...

View Post

True - but I think it could work very well. How about this:

ROCKEFELLER PLAZA, NEW YORK.

A tall, dark-haired man is methodically and rapidly photographing papers with a miniature camera in a small, sparse office - a light shines on the papers, but he stands in darkness. A variation of the James Bond theme pulses menacingly in the background.

Suddenly the man looks up. He can hear footsteps. Someone is running down the corridor immediately outside the office. He immediately places the papers back in their dossier and straightens a couple of things on the desk, then removes a pistol from his pocket and screws on a silencer. As he does, the music starts to crescendo, and we see several close-ups: a bead of sweat on the man's forehead; him chewing his lip; a shoulder of his jacket - he is in evening clothes. Finally, we see his eyes: they are Oriental. The camera leaps inside the man and we travel, in less than a second, through an abstract landscape of bone and gristle and matter, until we burst, with the music, through his hand and into the familiar shot of JAMES BOND at the end of a gun-barrel. Bond shoots back, and blood starts to ooze down the 'screen'.

The titles begin...

#23 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

They've rewritten Bond's biography a couple of times.  Fleming's was in World War II, which would make him about 80 today.  I think it was John Gardner who made Bond's cover that he was still in the Navy, although Gardner promoted him from Fleming's Commander to Captain, with the code name Predator.  I always pictured Fleming's Bond as somewhat militaristic, with a highly disciplined technique for fighting, although not necessarily by Queensberry rules.  Connery came close to being a brawler, and Moore a kick-boxer.

View Post

Moore a kickboxer? Never heard that one before! :D

View Post

A reference to THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, I imagine.

....we see several close-ups: a bead of sweat on the man's forehead; him chewing his lip; a shoulder of his jacket - he is in evening clothes. Finally, we see his eyes: they are Oriental. The camera leaps inside the man and we travel, in less than a second, through an abstract landscape of bone and gristle and matter, until we burst, with the music, through his hand and into the familiar shot of JAMES BOND at the end of a gun-barrel.

View Post

You're not David Fincher, by any chance? :tup:

#24 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:54 PM

[quote name='Loomis' date='1 February 2006 - 13:48']

Moore a kickboxer? Never heard that one before! :tup:

View Post

[/quote]

A reference to THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, I imagine.
[/quote]

LOL. I did actually get the reference - but the full quote was:

'I always pictured Fleming's Bond as somewhat militaristic, with a highly disciplined technique for fighting, although not necessarily by Queensberry rules.

#25 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

ROCKEFELLER PLAZA, NEW YORK.

A tall, dark-haired man is methodically and rapidly photographing papers with a miniature camera in a small, sparse office - a light shines on the papers, but he stands in darkness. A variation of the James Bond theme pulses menacingly in the background.

Suddenly the man looks up. He can hear footsteps. Someone is running down the corridor immediately outside the office. He immediately places the papers back in their dossier and straightens a couple of things on the desk, then removes a pistol from his pocket and screws on a silencer. As he does, the music starts to crescendo, and we see several close-ups: a bead of sweat on the man's forehead; him chewing his lip; a shoulder of his jacket - he is in evening clothes. Finally, we see his eyes: they are Oriental. The camera leaps inside the man and we travel, in less than a second, through an abstract landscape of bone and gristle and matter, until we burst, with the music, through his hand and into the familiar shot of JAMES BOND at the end of a gun-barrel. Bond shoots back, and blood starts to ooze down the 'screen'.

The titles begin...

View Post

Yeah; I like it (although I'm not sure how the dude oozes blood into his gun!). I also quite like the idea of the gunbarrel starting the film as per usual but not simply opening onto another scene; but slowly turning into the film proper i.e. the surrealistic white background fades away and we see the aftermath of the killing. All is quite fun and nicely appropriate for a beginning of Bond's story.

#26 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Connery came close to being a brawler, and Moore a kick-boxer.'

Connery is often described as a brawler. But just because he had one scene in which he kickboxed doesn't make Moore's Bond in that line, does it? I tihnk even Roger's staunchest fans would say he played Bond, largely, as a gentleman, no? Brutal sometimes, but he was hardly gritty and tough, was he?

Or *was* he? :tup:

View Post

Well, apart from the kung fu TMWTGG, Roger actually goes in for kicking blokes in the stomach quite a bit. My second favourite of his 'moves' behind the classic cradle-the-face-in-your-left-hand-and-jab-with-your-right , although special mention does have to go to the salute/judo chop combo from Octopussy's pre titles.

#27 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:18 PM

Yeah; I like it (although I'm not sure how the dude oozes blood into his gun!).

View Post

True! Hey, it's a Bond film. :tup:

Re Moore: I wonder if in 10 years' time, Rog will be remembered as the tough militaristic brutal kung-fu gritmeister, and Connery the pink-tie-wearing camp-hands-up-I-surrender pedantic 'overdose of bon-bois' homosexualist.

Nah.

#28 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:23 PM

Well, on one hand you've got Roger kicking a car off a cliff, on the other you've got Sean handing a tart her slippers. On one hand there's Roger slapping his tie out of the hands of a dangling bad guy, on the other you've got Sean having a bath with another bloke whilst discussing chest hair. I could go on...

#29 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:23 PM

I wonder if in 10 years' time, Rog will be remembered as the tough militaristic brutal kung-fu gritmesiter, and Connery the pink-tie-wearing camp-hands-up-I-surrender pedantic 'overdose of bon-bois' homsexualist.

View Post

Well, I hope so, because then THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN would be justly recognised as the best film of the series, the ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE for Bond fans in 2016.

#30 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:41 PM

I wonder if in 10 years' time, Rog will be remembered as the tough militaristic brutal kung-fu gritmesiter, and Connery the pink-tie-wearing camp-hands-up-I-surrender pedantic 'overdose of bon-bois' homsexualist.

View Post

Well, I hope so, because then THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN would be justly recognised as the best film of the series, the ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE for Bond fans in 2016.

View Post

Good luck with that one, Loomis. I like THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN a lot thanks to your crusading, but let's be honest, convincing the Bond fanbase it's better than GOLDFINGER or ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE is hard work. Heck, convincing me of that is hard work.