Bond 40th Anniversary Exhibition

5 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 March 2002 - 10:09 AM

The exhibition to be shown at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television in Bradford, England to open March 23.

Ananova reports the following:

Bond gadgets and 'Jaws' show up at anniversary museum

An exhibition commemorating the 40th anniversary of the first James Bond film is set to open.

The show, at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television in Bradford, includes items from all 19 of Bond movies, including Oddjob's lethal bowler hat from Goldfinger.

One of the Aston Martins that Bond drove will also be on display as will the mini jet that he used to escape at the beginning of Octopussy.

Actress Eunice Gayson, who appeared in the first two Bond films - Dr No and From Russia with Love - will help launch the exhibition which opens on March 23 and runs until September 1.

The organisers are hoping that Richard Kiel, who played "Jaws" in two of the 007 films, will appear at the museum in May.

Visitors will be taken on a tour which will involve travelling through a gun barrel tunnel to receive a briefing in the office of Bond's boss M.

They will then tour Q's gadget workshop and visit the villain's lair based on the one used in The Man with the Golden Gun in which the bad guy was played by Christopher Lee.

Michael Harvey, the museum's curator, said: "The aim of the exhibition is to show how the Bond films are constructed and how they have endured over four decades."

To support the exhibition, the museum also hopes to host a season of Bond films.

Following its launch at Bradford, the exhibition will show at its sister institution, the Science Museum in London, from October 16 this year until - April 2003, before touring internationally.

#2 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 02:29 PM

This is great, I'm going to be up in Yorkshire in a few weeks, so I'll sure to pop in. (They probably won't let me sleep there, will they?) If CBN would like a little review writing, Id be honoured.

Incidentally, did anyone go to "The World of 007" exhibition that was around about 5 years ago? That was pretty awesome but this new one sounds even better. And if anyone hasn't been to the museum yet this is a great excuse, it really is a fascinating place.

#3 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 10:44 AM

Did I hear somewhere that it woud be coming down to London? I just might have to pop up there, if I get any spare time, if it doesn't. Help, me out, Eunice Gayson played which character?

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 March 2002 - 12:04 PM

Ethan Hunt (10 Mar, 2002 10:44 a.m.):
Did I hear somewhere that it woud be coming down to London?  I just might have to pop up there, if I get any spare time, if it doesn't.  Help, me out, Eunice Gayson played which character?

She played Silvia Trench, and I've always maintained that if it wasn't for Bond asking her name and her replying with: "Trench, Silvia Trench" then he would not have responded in the same way: "Bond, James Bond". And hence, the famous movie quote may not have taken off.

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 03:16 AM

international. I like that word. There's hope for me being able to see it then.

#6 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 02:17 PM

Sounds pretty cool, but I'm gonna guess that "internationally" doesn't include my neck of the woods. Someone will have to take some photos and post them here.