3 replies to this topic

#1 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 04:14 PM

Yesterday i flew out of Gatwick North Terminal. They had the Silver/Grey Aston on display, you could sit in it, and damn I did not have the camera with me at the time. The car had James Bond as its number plates.
Anyway the car was the main raffle prize and get this they wanted 70 quid a ticket! I saw at least 3 guys in business suits get out their gold cards to buy tickets. Out of my price range

#2 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 February 2002 - 07:34 AM

ShockTroop22 (12 Feb, 2002 05:51 p.m.):
I doubt it was the screen-used Vanquish, as they are all at Pinewood. Ive also got upclose to a Vanquish, what did you think of it/her?
Were their any Bond panflets being handed out, or any other PR? Was it Aston Martin arranging the raffle?

The car was very cool indeed, very very stylish. There was pamphlets, but not Bond related, i should of picked up one but there was a hard sells ticket person stalking and I have no doubt he would have got 70 quid off me.

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 08:27 PM

Damn! Makes the MI6 prize of $1000 look positively small fry!!! :-(

#4 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 05:51 PM

I doubt it was the screen-used Vanquish, as they are all at Pinewood. Ive also got upclose to a Vanquish, what did you think of it/her?
Were their any Bond panflets being handed out, or any other PR? Was it Aston Martin arranging the raffle?