8 replies to this topic

#1 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 04 August 2001 - 01:52 AM

At the Astor Theater I mean, for the Goldfinger and Thunderball double. (It is tomorrow isn't it ?)

It was great last time (The first time I had been), The playing of Bond films before the screenign was a nice touch, more than adequate. The film prints were a little less than perfect, but thats to be expected I suppose, still great, its so much better watching the films with an audience in my opinion.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 10:14 PM

They seem to be playing them in order. So in a couple of months I'd expect You Only Live Twice and On Her Majesty's Secret Service. But of course, nothing is finalised. But there was a heck of a turn out so I'd expect they'll puit on :)

#3 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 02:38 AM

Yeah that was me, in the green Hawaiian shirt, I was 100% certain if it was you but.

I'm guessing they'll do it again in a few months, any idea of which ones they will show ?

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 August 2001 - 11:56 PM

Will you be there Freemo? It's a fair way from Mildura!! But all the same, it's well worth it. It's not the type of thing that happens all the time!

I'll be there :) For sure!! Wearing my Union Jack Top of course :)

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 07:41 AM

I'll be there. I'm in Melbourne for a while. Went to the Essendon vs Blues game today, so I'm not that happy. Tonight should be good though.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 07:55 AM

It will be great Freemo! Hopefully I'll bring my Sony Handycam and snap some footage and some pics for an article on the site!! :)

#7 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 02:21 PM

It was great. I love both these movies and there even better on the big screen. Watching it with an audience is very interesting, all the oneliners are well recieved.

There was a bit of a groan near the end of 'Goldfinger' where the guards all drop down because of the gas, they thought it looked a bit fake, but thats how its supposed to look because it is, the gas was switched !!!

Nah, aside from that it was a great night, I did spot you 'Blue Eyes' (if that was you in the Union Jack top), I wanted to come say hello. Anyway it was great, can't wait for next time. :)

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 11:22 PM

Glad to see you liked it Freemo!! I'm writing up my report now for the main site. I took a few limited pictures for the article!!

I think I did see you, if you were the lad who kept looking over and was sitting somewhere over to the right. I couldn't find you after the film, did you leave before the end of Thunderball?

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 11:26 PM

And next time you spot me come up to me :) That's an order :)