6 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 10:37 AM

Australia's Channel Nine has run a segment on Die Another Day. The segment ran during the Today show (0700-0900) at around 7:50 am this morning. Richard Wilkins, the host, promised future segments on Die Another Day. That's good news for New Zealand fans as well as the Today show is now shown in both Australia and News Zealand.

This mornings footage was sadly nothing new, just the same footage that has been shown on the official James Bond site. However, it was still great to see some footage on television.

So keep an eye of the Today show every Thursday from now on. They may be able to get some exclusive footage as Wilkins revealed he'd spent the past three days at Pinewood Studio's visiting the Bond sets.

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 11:24 AM

Yeah, the Today show is pretty good, I used to watch it from 7 to 8 everyday as I got ready for school, don't see as regularly now though.

Yeah, good thing I have the CBN coverage to keep me up to date, and MI6 too ofcourse.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 10:20 PM

Well CBn will keep you more informed on Australian stuff simply because I'm from Australia.

BIG NOTICE: All Australian and New Zealanders. Richard Wilkins was just on the Today show (still in London, but talking about Britney Spears and her body :) ) and he said that this Monday they'll have more details on Die Another Day.

So please keep an eye out!

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 12:06 AM

The Today Show on Channel Nine yesterday showed footage from behind the scenes of Die Another Day. The footage was of the pre-title surfing sequence, which has already been shown to Bond fans world wide.

However, continued good news for Bond fans in both Australia and New Zealand. Richard Wilkins, the Entertainment Editor, commented that the Today Show will be showing more footage soon. In particular, footage from the hovercraft sequence in the pre-title sequence.

When we find out the schedule of the footage, we'll let you know.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 23 April 2002 - 01:17 AM

Unfortunately, the only Australian TV coverage we get in Indonesia is ABC Asia Pacific, so hopefully ABC news will cover Die Another Day a bit.

#6 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 10:47 AM

Shoot, I missed it. I have the day off on Thursdays so I sleep in, haven't seen the Thursday 7:50 bit for a while darn it. Still I'm glad we're at least getting some coverage. :)

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 10:55 AM

Well you didn't miss much, just old interviews. But I have the feeling that they'll give Die Another Day a bit of the same coverage as they gave Star Wars. Which was footage off the official site and some set visits. But seeing they're filming at the moment they may even get some exclusive footage.

Actualy Today show is one of my favourite strangely enough. Just because they're so up to date with current affairs, and they have one of the best movie segments on TV I think. They're not always up to date, not always accurate. But they usually show all the trailers for big films, so we're bound to see the Bond trailer once it premieres on the net on TV. Which is good. Because we wont' see it in the cinema for a while in this country.

Thank fully with the coverage CBn can give, we shouldn't miss much in Australia as we'll all be able to communicate about Die Another Day related events!