Secret 007 files

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Bloch

Nigel Bloch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 02:05 PM

I found a new magazine series in my newsagent today called "OO7 Spy Files" - issue 1 for only $2.95!
It comes with a tin case that has the 007 logo embossed in it to keep the fact cards. And the magazines have info about all the movies and gadgets etc. If you subscribe to it, you will get a 007 Q-branch voice recording pen. Just thought the other aussies in the forum would like to know this! :-)

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 09:53 PM

I saw it advertised on TV the other day, but do you think I could find the blasted thing in the news agents! I'm glad someone else has, I'll look harder now!

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 04:27 PM

Ethan Hunt (19 Apr, 2002 04:33 p.m.):
I think I'm the only one collecting them, especially in my school!  Every time I lash out the card, the doubles etc, everyone feel they to have a look!  The first six all have Brosnan on the front, number seven, the recent one, has Connery.  I have all seven so far.  I enjoy the cards you get with them, just think, in years to come they can be worth millions, although I should have kept them in the plastic cover they come in, although I do like to read them.  They are more for the younger age though I admit.

I've kept all mine in the plastic. Since there are two offspring in the family, me being the oldest, it has to be that whatever one has, the other has. This has caused a double subscription of the Spy Files series. Me being a collector, keep them need and mint. My brother, being an idiot, tears thme to pieces reading them and this is how I get to see what's inside.
What I find really fascinating is the fact that my card packets are sealed (and hopefully will never be opened) and could contain Ltd Ed cards. I guess i'll never know.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 04:37 PM

One other thing. I was glad that sc3 was on issue 7. I didn't really want pb1 on all of them. It kind of warps people (especially kids) into thinking that Brosnan is the only guy who's ever played Bond. I know that many young kids think this is the case and think that GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough are the only Bond films there have ever been. They've never even heard of Roger Moore!!!
Speakinf of whom, I'd like to see him on the cover of Issue 10 (don't ask about the number) and maybe Dalton and Lazenby on Future covers. Also, perhaps someone other than Bond.
Regards

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 01:44 AM

Any luck ? We get out newspaper delivered, so I haven't been in a newsagents for about a month, might go for a look.

#6 Willard White

Willard White

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 05:53 AM

Yes, I'd be interested if anyone has found a News Agent in Sydney that stocks this series!!

#7 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 03:33 PM

I think I'm the only one collecting them, especially in my school! Every time I lash out the card, the doubles etc, everyone feel they to have a look! The first six all have Brosnan on the front, number seven, the recent one, has Connery. I have all seven so far. I enjoy the cards you get with them, just think, in years to come they can be worth millions, although I should have kept them in the plastic cover they come in, although I do like to read them. They are more for the younger age though I admit.