6 replies to this topic

#1 Problem Eliminator

Problem Eliminator

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:26 AM

Not sure if anyone has already posted regarding this, but I recently got the game and made a pleasant discovery. In the second half of the "Istanbul Pt.1" level, the music distinctly incorporates a key theme from the Diamonds Are Forever movie score. As you are rappelling and shooting your way to the tank, you'll hear the music played in DAF when Bond dispatches the henchmen in the pretitle and later when he battles Franks in the elevator. It brought a smile to my face to hear this in the game, even though it, like several other elements, is actually from another Bond movie. Anyone else notice this musical homage?

#2 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:16 PM

Can't say I've noticed.

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

I didn't notice this but I did notice that the OHMSS theme descending bassline makes an appearance several times.

#4 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

I did notice that the OHMSS theme descending bassline makes an appearance several times.

View Post

Yeah, I noticed that. Very much so.

#5 Solid Bond

Solid Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:42 PM

No, I didnt notice that.

About the other tunes, yes.

#6 JennyFlexFan

JennyFlexFan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

In Nightfire, when Bond is on the roof of the Phoenix International building when Drake says "Goodbye Dominique" they do a little snippet of the Thunderball theme song. Also, in battle TWINE and OHMSS come in as music. Then while you're underwater in "Deep Descent" there's also more Thunderball type music.

#7 Solex

Solex

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:16 AM

Not sure if anyone has already posted regarding this, but I recently got the game and made a pleasant discovery. In the second half of the "Istanbul Pt.1" level, the music distinctly incorporates a key theme from the Diamonds Are Forever movie score. As you are rappelling and shooting your way to the tank, you'll hear the music played in DAF when Bond dispatches the henchmen in the pretitle and later when he battles Franks in the elevator. It brought a smile to my face to hear this in the game, even though it, like several other elements, is actually from another Bond movie. Anyone else notice this musical homage?

yep, I noticed it! :tup: