• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 12:32 PM

Death Train

Network TEN Sydney

8:30 pm - 10:35 pm

Rated:M

Mike Graham is an American racecar driver and former mercenary, who is hired by the British United Nations Crime Organisation. His mission is to stop a train that has been hijacked by terrorists and is carrying an atomic bomb from Germany to Iraq.

Stars: Pierce Brosnan, Patrick Stewart, Alexandra Paul, Christopher Lee.

#2 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:21 AM

DJ (28 Dec, 2001 07:39 a.m.):
...from now on he would only make movies that he felt he would enjoy from a personal point of view meaning money would not be a factor in his decisions any longer.  This is why he makes little movies, or so I have read anyway.  

Thanks DJ, that clears it up a bit. I was mystified for a little bit there, but your description of Brosnan's view makes sense. After a certain point in life, you just want to say, "Hey, I don't care how much I make" and go out and have fun. I was going to slip in Electra's "There's no point in living if you can't feel alive" here but I figured that would be too cheesy. :)

So, if he is only making movies he enjoys, and gathering information from lately, could we be looking at another indirect source to say Brosnan will carry on past Bond 20?

Probably, as least so far as we can tell from his comments so far (most recently from Entertainment Tonight's interview). He seems to enjoy making Bond films, and as long as he does, he'll keep doing them, is what I gather.

#3 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:02 AM

I own a copy of it, here in the United States it's title is "Detonator". It's not that bad and I seen a sequel a few months ago at the video store, hadn't paid any attention to it though.

#4 DJ

DJ

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 07:39 AM

Dmitri_Mishkin (28 Dec, 2001 02:10 a.m.):
Not to dismiss "Death Train", but is this a made-for-cable movie?  Because if it is, I find it curious why Brosnan agreed to do it.  I figured his "stardom" status would afford him the power to choose only the best films available.  Just a question, anyway.

I understand what you're saying Dmitri, and had I not read a certain article, I would have considered the same point of view as you have voiced in this thread. However, this article that I read told of why Brosnan has done little known movies, despite his world stardom. In this interview he claimed that the reason he was making films such as Evelyn was because he felt that he had enough money to last him the rest of his life and from now on he would only make movies that he felt he would enjoy from a personal point of view meaning money would not be a factor in his decisions any longer. This is why he makes little movies, or so I have read anyway. So, if he is only making movies he enjoys, and gathering information from lately, could we be looking at another indirect source to say Brosnan will carry on past Bond 20?

#5 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:10 AM

I'm not sure if this movie is being shown in Canada, but if it was, I'd want to see it solely to get a taste of how Brosnan and Lee interact together.

Might I add that it's interesting to think that, 17 years ago, Roger Moore starred alongside Christopher Lee in TMWTGG (1974). So today's Bond meets yesterday's villain.

Not to dismiss "Death Train", but is this a made-for-cable movie? Because if it is, I find it curious why Brosnan agreed to do it. I figured his "stardom" status would afford him the power to choose only the best films available. Just a question, anyway.

#6 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 05:01 AM

I think it was direct to video, here in the US at least. Sorry, I'll stop talking about the United States under the Australia section.

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the tip-off Trevelyan.

Does anyone intend to watch it?