This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Has anyone been to Licence To Thrill Ride?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 11:37 PM

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has been on the Licence To Thrill adventure ride and can tell me anything about it!

Cheers, Daniel

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 08:05 AM

I think it's at Fox Studios. I just happened to watch the Moulin Rouge premiere on TV just before. Right behind Nicole Kidman's head is this huge 007 sign. And I think the premiere was at the same place they filmed it, Fox Studios!

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 06:33 PM

There's one in London at the "Trocadero" (SP). Which I have been on, and if it is the same one as the one in Australia, where Bond has to save some enviromental person, and kills some bad guy by using a missle from his watch from a boat?? If it is that one, I wasn't that impressed at all. Please tell me what the one in Aus was like. Was it the same as this one?

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 01:02 PM

I've heard that the one in the UK is pretty shoddy. And apparently it has now been closed down.

But the one is Oz was opened after it was closed down in the UK, so perhaps it's some sort of rehash?

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 07:17 PM

For your sake, I hope it is better than the one that was over here!

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 10:56 PM

Hurry up and tell us NJ!

#7 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 May 2001 - 08:31 AM

Yes, it is the same one that Dave mentioned!!!!! The one where you see JB's point of view through special sunnies, and he's riding a motorcycle onto a train???

Daniel, all it is is a movie with chairs that rumble and shake. Go if you want a laugh!!

Yes, it is at Fox Studios. When I went there, they were just finishing shooting for SW Ep 2!!! I could of been less than 100 metres away from Ewan MacGregor!! (yum)

Fox Studios is a mix between Highpoint and Universal Studios. There's a shopping mall, restaurants, a cinema (that's why all movie premieres are there), rides (Titanic- you actually have a choice to sink with the ship, or jump overboard!!), and old movie sets. They had a tour where they had old sets like Fox Mulders office (that was UNREAL!!! I wanted to steal the 'I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster!!), the weird looking house from Babe:Pig In The City, the shower room from LAPD or Law and Order (I forget which. But it was horrible!!! Dirty tiles, and there was even deodorant in old LOCKERS!!!) and I think there was a set from Water Rats. OH!!!! And you can walk past soundstages- there's a long corridor and it's runs past a few soundstages. You look through the corridor windows and some days you can see some things being filmed. They film Farscape there!!! (One of my favorite shows.)

If you haven't been to Fox Studios, you should go. It's a pretty cool day out!!! Except for Edward Scissorhands and other movie characters following you around like zombies..........

It was ten days after I went to Fox Studios that that kid went missing and was killed.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 May 2001 - 12:11 AM

I may have to go just because it's Bond!!

#9 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 27 May 2001 - 03:16 PM

NJ (26 May, 2001 09:31 a.m.):
Yes, it is the same one that Dave mentioned!!!!! The one where you see JB's point of view through special sunnies, and he's riding a motorcycle onto a train???

Daniel, all it is is a movie with chairs that rumble and shake. Go if you want a laugh!!

Yes, it is at Fox Studios. When I went there, they were just finishing shooting for SW Ep 2!!! I could of been less than 100 metres away from Ewan MacGregor!! (yum)

Fox Studios is a mix between Highpoint and Universal Studios. There's a shopping mall, restaurants, a cinema (that's why all movie premieres are there), rides (Titanic- you actually have a choice to sink with the ship, or jump overboard!!), and old movie sets. They had a tour where they had old sets like Fox Mulders office (that was UNREAL!!! I wanted to steal the 'I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster!!), the weird looking house from Babe:Pig In The City, the shower room from LAPD or Law and Order (I forget which. But it was horrible!!! Dirty tiles, and there was even deodorant in old LOCKERS!!!) and I think there was a set from Water Rats. OH!!!! And you can walk past soundstages- there's a long corridor and it's runs past a few soundstages. You look through the corridor windows and some days you can see some things being filmed. They film Farscape there!!! (One of my favorite shows.)

If you haven't been to Fox Studios, you should go. It's a pretty cool day out!!! Except for Edward Scissorhands and other movie characters following you around like zombies..........

It was ten days after I went to Fox Studios that that kid went missing and was killed.

The one in London did have the little simulator seats with about 5 per capsule thingy.

Before you actually went into the cinema thing, was there a little "Q Workshop" with the Lotus Esprit and the small plane from Octopussy? Did it also have a hidden camera somewhere concealed, and you had to guess where it was? When you actually paid, did you have to have a picture taken of you and then printed onto some plastic card. When I saw all of this, I actually thought that the whole thing would be good, but as soon as I got into the cinema - I totally lost interest and wanted my money back!

How much are they charging over there? It cost me

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 27 May 2001 - 03:22 PM

I have found the website for the UK ride:

http://www.007thrills.com

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for the link later, I'll check it later!!

If you could get any pictures that would be great!!

So how much did it cost you NJ?

#12 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 02:55 AM

I have!!!! The one at Sydney's Fox Studios, right??

It was good, but laughable. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but buy the way M describes the mission objective to you, and James Bond's overly confident attitude ("I'll save you!!") it was n't as good as I hoped. Anyone been on the Back To The Future ride at Universal Studios at LA? It's like that.

Even though I though it was funny, it's great fun and action packed. Any James Bond obsessor would love it!!!

Hey Daniel, I have a pic of the Licence To Thrill ride if you're interested............

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 04:55 AM

Are you serious? I really want to go now!!! When am I going to Sydney??? Not soon enough!!!

Anyhow please post that picture! It would be awesome!

#14 Carlos the Jackal

Carlos the Jackal

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 05:32 AM

Really? there's a James Bond ride here in Australia? Since when??? Where is it?