What if this were a bond game.....

13 replies to this topic

#1 lefty007

lefty007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:41 AM

hey yall. what if they make a videogame with roger moore in it? which movie should the game be based off of? i think that LALD would be great. It had an amazing plot and the actors were very good. Besides they put barron samedi in Goldeneye and Nightfire so why dont they make a game were he is in it? then again why dont they start making all the games based off the films? a chance for you to decide how bond accomplishes his missons? its just a thought...

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:00 AM

Live And Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me would make good video games. Hopefully EA gets Roger Moore to do one before he gets too old.

#3 lefty007

lefty007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:12 AM

yea i know thats what i was thinking myself after all he doesnt have much time

Edited by lefty007, 24 December 2005 - 01:12 AM.

#4 lefty007

lefty007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:15 AM

but like i said they should make bond games now based off the movies like they did in the beginning ex. goldeneye, TMD, TWINE, FRWL those kind of things.

#5 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:59 AM

Instead of hoping for every movie to be adapted as a game, I would like to see a game with bonus levels like those in GE64.....Aztec from MR and I've always assumed that Egyptian is from TSWLM (minus Samedi and some of the other stuff). If I were to pick the next non-Craig video games, I would hafta go with OHMSS, TSWLM or AVTAK, and LTK. Hopefully Rog will get one!

Edited by The Richmond Spy, 24 December 2005 - 03:01 AM.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:07 AM

The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker.

#7 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:14 AM

I say The Man with the Golden Gun, actually. You saw how they updated From Russia With Love, so just imagine what they could do with TMWTGG. I think it would be awesome with the car chase, the dual with Scaramanga, even that scene where Bond has to fight all those chinese dudes, and a firefight in Scaramanga's complex. Throw in a speed boat chase, a new opening scene, and possibly an entire new chapter about Bond's original mission about retrieving the soxel agitator at the beginning of the game, and there you have it!

#8 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:30 AM

I say The Man with the Golden Gun, actually. You saw how they updated From Russia With Love, so just imagine what they could do with TMWTGG. I think it would be awesome with the car chase, the dual with Scaramanga, even that scene where Bond has to fight all those chinese dudes, and a firefight in Scaramanga's complex. Throw in a speed boat chase, a new opening scene, and possibly an entire new chapter about Bond's original mission about retrieving the soxel agitator at the beginning of the game, and there you have it!

View Post

Sounds good to me :tup:
Especially if the Scaramanga duel was extremely difficult and confusing.

#9 Quartermaster007

Quartermaster007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:39 AM

But they already did Moonraker.

Nightfire. :tup:

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:26 AM

View Post

Then an excellent version of Moonraker is needed.

#11 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:07 PM

View Post

View Post

Good point. After watching Moonraker again over the weekend on Spike TV, I believe it contains great stuff that could be adapted into a video game. From the pre-titles to the space stuff at the end, it seems like a prime candidate to be adapted IMO. If no Moore film is adapted into a game, then they should make more games that resemble his movies (i.e.: Nightfire and Everything or Nothing )

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

View Post

View Post

Good point. After watching Moonraker again over the weekend on Spike TV, I believe it contains great stuff that could be adapted into a video game. From the pre-titles to the space stuff at the end, it seems like a prime candidate to be adapted IMO. If no Moore film is adapted into a game, then they should make more games that resemble his movies (i.e.: Nightfire and Everything or Nothing )

View Post

Indeed.

#13 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

View Post

Sounds good to me :tup:
Especially if the Scaramanga duel was extremely difficult and confusing.

View Post

After watching TMWTGG on Spike, I came up with a few more ideas. There could be a stealthy flying mission to Scaramanga's island, and an interrogation scene with Lazar like the ones from "24 the Game." And just for my own gratification, the original chapter where Bond would be after the Solex Agitator would take place in Istanbul and the Sea of Marmara, and the original opening scene would be somewhere in the Middle East.

I don't know why, they just seam to go along with the rest of the movie in terms of location, and it keeps with the "all Asia" theme.

#14 Number 6

Number 6

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6555 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:26 AM

Octopussy-Just too much action within that movie to be ignored in a videogame. :tup: